Venice?

Alshymer

Hi
Does anyone have a good secure spot for visiting Venice?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Alshymer

I too am interested

Happy to stay outside as long as there is a sensible bus/tram/boat/train

I was there some years ago and there was a wilding spot by the ferry quay on Lido de Jesselo across the lagoon. The location was at Cavelino Treporti stop over no services. Lots of sites on the Lido.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Does anyone have a good secure spot for visiting Venice?

I don't know about Secure in Italy but theres a Acsi site called Camping Fusina which is right across the bay from Venice The water Taxi's run hourly to Venice from there gate

That site looks good 19 euros on ACSI. Does anyone know if you can take small dogs on the water transport in Venice?

We stopped here a couple of years ago, nice site and a pleasant walk to the passenger ferry to Venice.
EACCA61E-1795-49AA-954E-1D05BAF61176.jpg

Pat

That site looks good 19 euros on ACSI. Does anyone know if you can take small dogs on the water transport in Venice?

No problems with dogs on public transport in Italy . Bigger dogs have to be muzzled .
Think only Spain and Portugal (?) have dog restrictions

hi we stayed in a great site for a week this year CAMPING VENEZIA VILLAGE bus stop at door only 2 stops into venice takes acsi card would highly recommend lovely clean site very helpful staff and all new loo's and showers

I've stayed on the Lido de Jessolo - on an ACSI site (Scarpiland) - then cycled to Punta Sabbioni to get the boat. It was a 6km (flat) cycle ride.

There were several car parks close to the Ferry Terminal at Punta Sabbioni that advertised motorhome parking, but I was staying a couple of days and thought it'd be nice to be on a site. If you do use the car parks, watch out for overhanging trees.

Well worth getting the extended time tickets (which you can buy at the ferry terminal), and which let you roam on any public transport in the lagoon. I bought a 72Hr one, and felt it was well worth it, as you can wander about on foot until you come across an interesting Vaporetto stop, get on the next boat and see where it takes you. Doing this, I ended up on the island of Burano, which was lovely.

We were there in May and stopped at Camping Fusina which was good. Huge container ships passing within a few feet of your MH not something you see every day. A short walk to the water bus. The multiday pass is well worth it if used. We were parked next to another Brit that had a dog and they had only spent 2hrs in Venice because they didn't think it suitable for the dog. Whilst there, there were quite a few locals with dogs but they would be brought up there and used to the hoards of tourists and traveling by boat which is anything but smooth at times. There are very few green spaces on Venice. As far as access to places with dogs I do not know. Personally I don't think its a place to take a dog. The amount if tourists is huge but if you want to see these places it something that has to be put up with.
I suspect any we saw without muzzles on were locals.
Taken from
Boat Transportation Venice ACTV Water Bus Vaporetto
Pets on board of Water Bus Vaporetto

You can go on board of the Water Bus Vaporetto with your dog if kept on a leash and muzzled.

Cats, birds and other little animals can be taken on board if inside a portable cage closed with maximum size of 120 cm (height + width + depth).

Paying an extra charge, you can use a cage of maximum size 150 cm (height + width + depth).

Beware that the captain can refuse to let you go on board with your pet, for instance, at the rush hour.

Noale about 18km from venice next to bus station very secure 10e for 48 hrs card for barrier at bar next to site. bus to venice direct takes 30 min max

We stayed at the Camping Venezia (no 3119 in this year's ACSI book) and it has a short bus ride into the centre, but for us the big advantage is that it is next to a big country park which was great for the dog.

We were there in May and stopped at Camping Fusina which was good. Huge container ships passing within a few feet of your MH not something you see every day. A short walk to the water bus. The multiday pass is well worth it if used. We were parked next to another Brit that had a dog and they had only spent 2hrs in Venice because they didn't think it suitable for the dog. Whilst there, there were quite a few locals with dogs but they would be brought up there and used to the hoards of tourists and traveling by boat which is anything but smooth at times. There are very few green spaces on Venice. As far as access to places with dogs I do not know. Personally I don't think its a place to take a dog. The amount if tourists is huge but if you want to see these places it something that has to be put up with.
I suspect any we saw without muzzles on were locals.
Taken from
Boat Transportation Venice ACTV Water Bus Vaporetto
Pets on board of Water Bus Vaporetto

You can go on board of the Water Bus Vaporetto with your dog if kept on a leash and muzzled.

Cats, birds and other little animals can be taken on board if inside a portable cage closed with maximum size of 120 cm (height + width + depth).

Paying an extra charge, you can use a cage of maximum size 150 cm (height + width + depth).

Beware that the captain can refuse to let you go on board with your pet, for instance, at the rush hour.

To be honest if your dog is used to cities don't think Vehicle is any bigger a problem than other cities .
I was shamed in Prague , 2 other dogs on bus (locals) with muzzles on . I had forgotten to put my dogs on . Couple of looks but nobody bothered .

To be honest if your dog is used to cities don't think Vehicle is any bigger a problem than other cities .
I was shamed in Prague , 2 other dogs on bus (locals) with muzzles on . I had forgotten to put my dogs on . Couple of looks but nobody bothered .

Having owned dogs for most of my life and now having been and seen I wouldn't have wanted to take a dog into Venice. No pleasure for the owner and non whatsoever for the dog.
Just my opinion. People will do what they will with their dogs.

I don't know about Secure in Italy but theres a Acsi site called Camping Fusina which is right across the bay from Venice The water Taxi's run hourly to Venice from there gate

Yep we were there last year - right next to the water taxi into town across the lagoon

Site for visiting Venice

Hi,

I never found Venice to be that motorhome friendly. When I visited back in 2010 I used a free place in Treviso which was 30 minutes to Venice by train at cost of about 5 Euro return. It was a car park near a sports stadium with a handful of spaces for motorhomes. I think it was free for 48 hours and then you had to move on. Treviso itself was lovely too, not as touristy as Venice and more relaxed as a result. I know the car park is still there as couple of years ago I happened to pass through.

It felt safe to me as there were always a few other motorhomes parked there. Some say it's noisy being near train track but I never remember being bothered by noise. Not exactly a beautiful location but it's free and just as quick and cheap to get to centre of Venice as other options closer to Venice.

Following link will give you more info:

https://www.******************/en/i...otorhome-parking-area-comunale.aspx?fromsso=1

Gary

Last edited:
We stopped in Treviso a few years back, it was free with emptying and water. The car park and football ground were not very attractive. The town itself was lovely and well worth a look around. We then drove over the causeway and parked at Parcheggio del Tronchetto it is a car park next to the multi storey, 200 spots for motorhomes, with water and electric which was included in the price if there was a free socket. It was expensive it says now 37 Euros (I assume for 24 hours). It was a short walk to the monorail and into the centre. It is not cheap but easy and you can get back to the motorhome during the day if you want to take a break from battling the tourists.

Thanks to all

Lots of useful info.....
Just a matter of choosing the best time (Mozzies)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back