Vango Galli Awning - Anyone use one

phillybarbour

I have just ordered a much smaller van and I am looking at options for when we are away with the Grandchildren which involves sites.

Thinking of buying a Vango Galli Tall RSV awning, are they good, does anyone use this model or other Vango awnings. I would welcome comments as it's not a cheap item.

Phil when I had the bongo at various meets up north the poles type awnings suffered in changing conditions i.e. High winds then the air piled type awnings started to come on the scene .i myself never had one but others that had them in high winds etc appeared to be a great success.
On mon my wife and myself were at a caravan dealership and there was a pod/tab type micro van with a air awning and I was really impressed with the build qaulity of the awning ,I'm not dead sure but I think it may have been a vango.
The height inside was amazing ,not sure if this helps at all but just a wee insight to my thoughts
What van are you thinking on?
You will miss that baby of yours .

I have seen these on display before now, they certainly look to be good quality.

They are quite a large awning though, if that's what you need.

Gordon, when young grandchildren are around we need space, but all other times we now feel we don't. So answer is small van with big awning. I have ordered a Globecar Campscout Revolution PVC, it is one of only a couple of vans on 6.4m length but with the Extra High Roof (not high roof) and an electric rear fixed bed that raises to the ceiling during the day.

Gordon, when young grandchildren are around we need space, but all other times we now feel we don't. So answer is small van with big awning. I have ordered a Globecar Campscout Revolution PVC, it is one of only a couple of vans on 6.4m length but with the Extra High Roof (not high roof) and an electric rear fixed bed that raises to the ceiling during the day.

Yeah saw that type at a show,was at the caravan dealers up here yesterday,getting a fridge vent for sons horse box and was looking at the awning in question ,it's very well made and is a biggie,think you. Will have fun with at beast.
Hope to see you soon all the very best to you both

I used a Vango Kella air awing on our last 2 vans and it was brilliant even survived the occasional sudden wind in Benidorm, we have also downsized slightly last month to a Globecar Campscout and we are really pleased with it. I have just bought a Kampa motor rally air pro 390 awning off another forum and just have to get away shortly and try it out.

John.

The Vango air awnings are really well made and easy to use. One big advantage is that they are much quieter than conventional Safari Rooms which attach to the roll out canopy - with no poles etc. you do not get the constant creaking at night, caused by even the slightest breeze. I have the Vango Sapera which gives loads of space but because the 'narrow' side goes against the van, it leaves the windows clear and keeps the van light inside. Brother in law has the Galli, which is even more durable than the Sapera - his was up all through last year on a permanent pitch. Highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best awning I have ever used. I also got the groundsheet, carpet and bedrooms with mine.
It took up a fair amount of space in the van whilst travelling and needed two people to erect it.

IMG_2819.jpgIMG_2820.jpg

vango

used vango tents for the last 10 years.always found them to be reliable quality. hydrostatic head usually high would advise 500.zipps made to last.good after sales with any problems

They seem very popular at the moment

This is the Tall edition, to fit motorhomes with an awning rail height of 230-290cm. You may find it a bit big for a smaller van?

Vango Galli Tall Awning - Johns Cross Motorcaravan and Camping Centre

Smaller version maybe?

Vango Airaway Awnings, Vango Sapero, Vango Kela

Inflatable Caravan Awnings, Inflatable Motorhome Awnings

Have a browse, you could always phone us for advice

Peter

Thanks for making sure I didn't buy the wrong one, it is appreciated. Small to us is a 2.8m high PVC van which compared to the 9.1m A Class we have just sold is small.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back