Van tuning

Johnjo

Hi Guys
I have a short wheelbase Mk 6 Transit and am converting it to single berth camper. My question is I'm thinking of having the van tuned or remaped
does any one know the pro's and cons?
Thanking you in advance

Johnjo

Hi Guys
I have a short wheelbase Mk 6 Transit and am converting it to single berth camper. My question is I'm thinking of having the van tuned or remaped
Thanking you in advance

Johnjo

hi johnjo, wat is your van diesel or petrol? twin/single wheel? how fast you want to go or is it for pulling power?not a lot regards tuning can take place and remapping is a few quid. either fuel fit a k&n air filter they make a difference, for about £40.:)

Hi Guys
Thanking you in advance

Johnjo
Hi johnjo, I have a 2.5 turbo diesel fiat in my bus, and found it a bit underpowered for a hymer tagaxle. It was the largest engine fiat did at the time. So took it to TB Turbos to be tuned up, being an older engine it couldnt be chipped, but Dave there spent two hours with it on the rolling road. When I tried it the difference was quite something, the best way to describe it is, I arrived with an overloaded flatback lorry, and left with an empty white van!
Also my fuel consumption went from 25 mpg to 28mpg on a run, it cost me 300 quid with a few bits, but by now its paid for itself. TB Turbos has gone bust now, but other companys do it, good luck...Bob

johnjo just returned from motoehome show at strtford upon avonad our camper remaped by WOW so good they do the job then take the money 30 days later if you are happy with it if not remove it with no charge at all !!!!!! got to say cant wait to pay em the power diff is brill & so smooth through the gears cheers mark

The beauty of trannys is that there are so many different models, if yours is rear wheel drive then changing back axels can make a massive difference (your not hauling weight anymore) Depending on which engine a good mechanic can give you loads of extra HP.I once had a 3000cc petrol tranny swb It was awsome, the economy around town was poor, but get it on a motorway and it was quite good on fuel. You need a local garage that knows trannys.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back