Van swing bike rack

andyjanet

Hi does anybody have a van swing or witter swing towbar to mount there bikes on ,
Can you let me know how your getting on please,
Thinking it might work well with the e bikes and fitting the cover over !
I am aware of the weight restrictions and e-bikes with batteries removed and the bike rack come in under the weight limit thanks Andy

No, not got one yet.

Can't make my mind up which to get :ROFLMAO: I guess there's a reasonable choice these days though, but none of them work for me straight out the box.

I looked at this and some others, whilst they appear to work quite well there where a couple of things which didn't suit our needs, so I adapted their ideas to make one which suits us better.
If you are happy with loosing use of towball (even if rack isn't fitted), and adding 1m to van length, then it should go ahead.

The bike rack is on there anyway as we don’t travel without our bikes so it’s only another 8 inches ,
And we’ve downsized from 9.6 meters to 6.3 in 2 years !
Janet always says we’d be happy with 8 inches 😳😂

We have had a van swing on our Vantage Ora for 3 years. I would prefer to have my bikes up high, but e-bikes are too heavy to use a door mounted rack and I struggle to lift e-bikes up high. The van swing solves the problem for us. It is also easy to put a cover over the bikes as they are low down.
I was worried about road dirt spraying up from the rear wheels onto the bikes but a little dirt on one bike wheel on the near side of the van is all I have had to wash off.

Have a look at Roof Box Company website. I bought my Buzzrack Hornet E1 from there. It tilts down away from the rear doors and I got enough clearance to open both doors by using a 20mm spacer between the tow bar bracket and tow ball on a X250 Ducato PVC. They do ones for 2 e-bikes as well. Knowledgeable sales staff. This design won't give completely clear access to the rear as the swing designs do but much better at the side of the road where I wouldn't want to be swinging the bike into traffic or across the pavement.Some of the swing models are a permanent fixture which also would not suit me.

Last edited:
There’s also the ‘Atera Strada’ which is towbar mounted but slides out of the way of the rear doors, I believe? It carries up to 60kg , they do a 2 bike version but it doesn’t slide enough to open the doors.

There’s also the ‘Atera Strada’ which is towbar mounted but slides out of the way of the rear doors, I believe? It carries up to 60kg , they do a 2 bike version but it doesn’t slide enough to open the doors.
I had the Atera Strada 3 for 3 bikes. With only 2 bikes on the two rear rails,this cleared the rear doors.Brilliant rack recommended by Roofbox Co.
I only changed to the Buzzrack as my e-bike has a really long wheelbase and was overhanging the rail ends on the Atera.

Last edited:
We already have the atera dl3 , I find it a pain stepping over the bar all the time when trying to lift things in and out the back,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back