Van has failed its test

Andys

Free Member
Hi my hymer B774 has failed its test on the exhaust. It's a 2004 2.8 on an Alco chassis. The exhausts exits on the off side I doubt it will be a standard exhaust.

My question is does anyone know where I will be able to either get one or have one made, preferably up North if possible as I am based in Scarborough
Thanks in advance
Andy

i used a company called : - Performance 3000 Ltd, 40 Buckland Road, Pen Mill Trading Estate, Somerset, Yeovil BA21 5HA
Phone: 01935 608093

i was delighted with my exhaust system built specifically for my van.

maybe give them a call and ask if they are and if they have depots up north

Hi my hymer B774 has failed its test on the exhaust. It's a 2004 2.8 on an Alco chassis. The exhausts exits on the off side I doubt it will be a standard exhaust.

My question is does anyone know where I will be able to either get one or have one made, preferably up North if possible as I am based in Scarborough
Thanks in advance
Andy

Try coastal motorhomes ,Euro car parts,

Thanks in advance
Andy
A company I have used for a custom T4 SS Exhaust is PP Tuning (pptuning.co.uk). They will make anything you need. Location-wise they are not too bad a journey from you, being in Louth, Lincolnshire

If the tail pipe exits on the offside then it is not a European exhaust.

I modified my last Burstner from Euro to UK Ducato exhaust (Tag axle van on an AlKo chassis). Perhaps someone has already done that with yours. I did it because the European exhaust was difficult to source and 3 times the cost of replacing (a stainless steel one was cheaper).

My Hymer is on a 2002 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD standard chassis, it is LHD so has a continental exhaust exiting on the left, I managed to buy one cheap from Germany but I was told the RHD exhaust was identical apart from the welded on brackets which could be welded on upside down, these are pictures of mine, do yours look similar?
IMG_20160622_183454.jpg

Old one as it is attachedIMG_20160622_183732.jpgIMG_20160622_183703.jpg

If you find a rubber ring missing when fitting it check your dog, I searched 20mins:mad2:
IMG_20160623_190037.jpg

FWIW, Longlife in Plymouth did a sterling job on a custom SS exhaust for my Pajero over a decade ago, even fitted a downward deflector/diffuser to avoid black smuts over the front of the caravan. The system has a lifetime guarantee for the original purchaser -- and my exhaust was still going strong when I sold the car a few weeks back. Longlife have centres all over the country, so there should be one within reasonable driving distance. HTH, Geoff

As long as its gas tight no reason to fail a friend of mine was told by a mot tester it was on the wrong side and that was the reason for refusal.
I soon put him right mot cert issued
Bill

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back