Update

JackieA

Not sure if this is the right place but had a reminder today about lower access. Been a busy year elsewhere. February decided to develop another van to my own design. Obtained a Renault master lwb minibus and moved cooking kit plus newer bedding arrangements. All these fitted to the offside but with very slim Ikea storage on the near side. Gave room for bike, trike or kayak - actually enough to collect a tandem trike today for my volunteer sessions for disabled people.

Just about finished and one night away when I was told that I could have my gender affirmation surgery in June! That went well but required preparation and recovery so have only had a few days away in the van. Been concentrating on restarting my cycling - lots of minor changes to my bikes to avoid pain to newly sensitive areas! Also finding new riding companions as Covid restrictions decrease. Have had a lot of support and acceptance on Breeze rides from these ladies only events. Had to laugh at myself when I realised that I no longer qualified to ride with a men only group. Adjustments in my late 70’s take some learning. Have managed about 250 miles on the bike since surgery.

Hoping to spend more time away in the van with my dogs.

Got any photos ? As I'm thinking of cupboard doors and draws. For my sprinter with windows, are they top or bottom units.
Annie got a trike in her van !

Yes, let's see some pics of the van, and hope the soreness doesn't last too long!

Yes some pics of your van would be great as 1cup says I got a mobility trike in all my past conversions I also used IKEA wall units on the floor as they were slimmer and gave more floor space.

Here are a few pictures
P1020339.JPG
P1020326.JPG
P1020341.JPG
P1020335.JPG

Thats my toilet ! and the waste pipe in the first pic, is it a fitted extra ?
Them trikes do they come with a radio as I've now seen a few with aerials. Whips with little triangles at the top. Lol
Looks a good van. The bike is a bit low for me. Thow.

With reference to single glazing in buses , my Merc vario is single glazed and the rubber seals have drainage holes for condensation to drain through and actually work in reducing condensation. Never had any issues with major damp or cold 👍

With reference to single glazing in buses , my Merc vario is single glazed and the rubber seals have drainage holes for condensation to drain through and actually work in reducing condensation. Never had any issues with major damp or cold 👍
Single glass is very cold, thats why all houses have double or triple glass these days, some folk tell me that they use a foam blanket on bus conversions.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back