Underslung Gas-it tank Installation

Brill job but the frame should have been shot blasted and two pack epoxy zink rich painted ,tank rubber coated as they rust like mad,thanks for the vid.

I think you have done a great job, I fitted mine 16yrs ago and the frame was only sprayed with hammerite and it still hasn't rusted, I removed the tank a few years ago and cleaned it up because they do rust, I then used stonechip sprayed on then covered with red paint and new stronger straps, it looks like new

Brill job but the frame should have been shot blasted and two pack epoxy zink rich painted ,tank rubber coated as they rust like mad,thanks for the vid.
cheers trev,I didn't have a shotblaster to hand mate :D
I couldn,t find anywhere local to get angle at a reasonable price so got the frame from gas-it.It is a bit flimsy and the welds weren't that good .I didn't have a welder as i'd given my mig welder away to my brother thinking my welding days were over.I just did a strengthening job on what I had,many coats of primer and 2 coats of gloss.I still have a compressor so shultzing it wasn't a problem .

ruff

Following on from other re-fillable gas-it topics.
I've had the photos for a while so thought I'd make a slide show and share.
Maybe of help to anyone planning an install.
[video=youtube_share;hi1QCyTpyak]https://youtu.be/hi1QCyTpyak[/video]

rough costings please to do job ,pj

rough costings please to do job ,pj

This is from a doc I made at the time:
GASIT TANK INSTALL Using metal and parts available at the time.
Parts obtained from :
GAS IT Refillable LPG Gas Bottles and Gas Tanks Solutions. - GAS IT Leisure Gas - Catering, Motorhome, Campervan, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions. - GAS IT Leisure Gas Bottles, Gas Cylincers and Gas Tanks - Catering, Motorhome, Campervan, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions.
1. 270 x 40 ltr GAS IT Horizontal Vapour tank £230.48
2. UK bayonet JIC fixed fill point Straight.£18.94
3. Black Square dust cap for UK bayonet fill points that have been mounted under the vehicle or on a tow bar.£5.98
4. 270 diam x 40 ltr High Quality OEM specification GAS IT Cylinder Tank frame with 2 Straps - fully UK and EU certified product £26.04
5. A pair Heavy duty 1300mm x 30mm Powder coated Cylinder Tanks Straps and buckles - Sold with 2 Straps, Buckels and Fixings £17.21
6. 1 mtr JIC Fast Fill 'Hydraulic Style' E67.01 Hose with Straight Ends.£19.39
7. Straight fill point bracket long galvanised pre-drilled £7.44
8. 8mm copper pipe x 1mm wall thickness, black powder coated and fully marked up with approval number all the way down its length. £6.44 per metre @ 5 metres =£32.20
9. GAS IT's straight in and out Mini vapour filter for any underneath Vapour tank with 21.8 LH gas outlet thread fitting.£29.99
10. GAS IT's NEW Micro 30mb Motorhome and Caravan Regulator with Straight outlet £17.33
11. GAS IT 9 led contents guage and tank sender £45.83
12. GAS IT 0.45mtr Fully Stainless Steel Pigtail 21.8 L/H x W20 £26.31
13. High Quality 1 way brass low pressure Shut off tap / Manifold for 8mm pipe in and out £12.37
14. Bullfinch bbq point inc housing £39.29
15. Gaslow Reserve Cylinder Connection Hose £16.50
16. 8mm tee from local plumbers merchant to get correct male or female connections £1.50 Total £546.80 plus delivery,but ask for discount as you are a member of a motorhome forum etc .
17. Will be 10% cheaper if collected from Bristol depot Avon Autogas | Convert your car to cheaper, greener and cleaner LPG

I think you have done a great job, I fitted mine 16yrs ago and the frame was only sprayed with hammerite and it still hasn't rusted, I removed the tank a few years ago and cleaned it up because they do rust, I then used stonechip sprayed on then covered with red paint and new stronger straps, it looks like new

Hammerite is house hold paint with zyleen added,total crap and not used in industry.

I have pleanty of room under my van for same but just cannot get my head round the price.
I have a new car liquied tank and was wondering could i link this to a gasit inboard double pipe gas tank so as to fill it from the under tank,head scratching time me thinks.

Hammerite is house hold paint with zyleen added,total crap and not used in industry.
I have to use what I can apply on my drive these days Trev, my days of using industrial equipment and products are long gone, the frame doesn't have to last forever as long as it lasts longer than me I will be happy:D

I have to use what I can apply on my drive these days Trev, my days of using industrial equipment and products are long gone, the frame doesn't have to last forever as long as it lasts longer than me I will be happy:D

Well im hoping you live a long time just in case theres no room for me below.:scared::wave:

I have a new car liquied tank and was wondering could i link this to a gasit inboard double pipe gas tank so as to fill it from the under tank,head scratching time me thinks.
I have posted this before but we used to drill a small hole at the top of the pick up pipe (inside the tank), this stopped it sucking liquid, be careful though bang.png

Now were talking,brain in gear ove next few weeks,thanks for info.
If I remember right you unscrew the outlet valve and the pick is easily seen, we used to do it very carefully because we were using tanks that had been previously filled with LPG but never had a problem, a man with your skills would do it easily

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back