UK Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if they are financed as they are in the continent by local authorities, then I don’t agree.

You only have to see what they charge for carparking to get a idea what they'll charge to overnight with a motor home a sample of what we have to pay is Up to 1 hour - £1.50, 1 to 2 hours - £3.10, 2 to 3 hours - £4.60, 3 to 4 hours - £6.20 In France its rare to see a parking charge

I detect a smidge of nastiness - actually, I'd go as far as to call it bullying - creeping in, and from people who I wouldn't have dreamt would behave like that.

Things are unpleasant enough in the world already without members sneering at each other. Yes, I said sneering and I mean sneering.
I've noticed it happening a lot lately and it's disgraceful.

Got a word for it - several actually - but I won't use them or I'll be instantly banned.
Hmm. Maybe that would be a good thing?

Just because someone is passionate about something seems to open the door to a raft of cynical naysayers and consensual group gagging.
Not nice. Not nice at all. :devilish:

Yes Marie I am very passionate about how we are treated.
No matter what anyone thinks of campra they are at least trying to improve a situation that has developed over the years were we are treated poorly. Will they be successfull or not. Well ultimately that will depend on two things. Their level of success and your definition of success. I simply wish them all the best in at least trying to create a better situation for us, I reckon they deserve at least that. As for bullying on here, well try as you may, that will always be a problem.

You only have to see what they charge for carparking to get a idea what they'll charge to overnight with a motor home a sample of what we have to pay is Up to 1 hour - £1.50, 1 to 2 hours - £3.10, 2 to 3 hours - £4.60, 3 to 4 hours - £6.20 In France its rare to see a parking charge

Witzend, the bottom line if it’s £25 a night for a campsite with showers, Cwp, laundry, Grey water disposal, EHU, etc and £20 for an air, then the air will be struggling. I quoted Lochore it’s an aire equivalent. There it’s £10 a night without EHU and £12.50 with. I would hope that that would be regarded as reasonable. Bjt first things first let’s support an organisation who only have our best interests at heart. They may fail, or they may prove the sceptics wrong. But I just think we should at least try to support them. They may also convince some councils to open up some carparks. Let’s see what unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back