UK Aires 2 (the polite thread)

Vanterrier

When you drive around at night and see the vast acreage of empty carparks belonging to councils, supermarkets and others you can see the potential for space to allocate for an aire.
Empty carparks on the edges of villages and small towns with a service point with a small charge would massively benefit us, benefit the small traders in those villages/towns and likely improve security within the carpark.
In most cases two or three parking spaces adjacent to the service point would suffice for both day and nightime parking although popular spots will need more spaces.
I think CAMPRA should focus on getting councils to allow overnight parking in their carparks at a modest charge first following the example/template set by a small number of councils already.
Even if the councils provided a service point on the outside of the existing public toilets in their carparks that would be a good start
I keep my fingers crossed and support CAMPRA's efforts.
K ;)

When you drive around at night and see the vast acreage of empty carparks belonging to councils, supermarkets and others you can see the potential for space to allocate for an aire.
Empty carparks on the edges of villages and small towns with a service point with a small charge would massively benefit us, benefit the small traders in those villages/towns and likely improve security within the carpark.
In most cases two or three parking spaces adjacent to the service point would suffice for both day and nightime parking although popular spots will need more spaces.
I think CAMPRA should focus on getting councils to allow overnight parking in their carparks at a modest charge first following the example/template set by a small number of councils already.
Even if the councils provided a service point on the outside of the existing public toilets in their carparks that would be a good start
I keep my fingers crossed and support CAMPRA's efforts.
K ;)

Could not agree more, I think likewise.
Concentrate on what’s already there, and remove the obstacles sometimes put wrongly in our way must be the way forward. I reckon aires will be rarely required.

Same here. So much space we could use. To be honest I’m not sure it just council’s that are the problem.
The big caravan clubs and local sites will block any attempts even though it would not really have a great reduction on their income

When folks see my van and have a look the first thing they say is what campsites do you go to, when i explain i have never been in one and tell them about what we are about and dont require a site they give me a blank look then say is that not illegal. 🤔

Exactly Trev, I get the same response sometimes myself.
When you think about it, all you are doing is parking for a night.
But ignorance is our enemy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back