Tyres

yorkieowl

Was going to get new tyres at the start of the 2015 season, never happened (the old ones were 12 years old :scared:), finally got a new set (4) a few weeks ago, I'm glad we waited - 420 quid fitted through Black Circles, went to ATS for fitting, very good service, new tyres are all 2015 manufacture, and the best bit, we priced up at start of year at 480 quid, so a nice saving. :D New leisure battery next.

my new spare tyre is on the roof. various folks have said that the sun will damage the rubber and it may become unusable in time.

I looked at special tyre covers, but they seemed very expensive.. does anyone know of a decent, cheap way of protecting it please ? Its a big 4x4 wheel...

my new spare tyre is on the roof. various folks have said that the sun will damage the rubber and it may become unusable in time.

I looked at special tyre covers, but they seemed very expensive.. does anyone know of a decent, cheap way of protecting it please ? Its a big 4x4 wheel...

Black bags would probably do it!

Spare wheel covers from £4.95 on eBay fix it on with Bungy straps,

The front tyres on our 2014 Auto Sleeper Broadway have 47% wear, but we've covered 16,000 miles from new, we've also done 3 trips to Benidorm.

So at this rate I'll be looking for new tyres 2018.

John.

Cut a bit of half inch ply to over size of wheel with a few holes at edges then paint it white and tie it with straps over wheel,though plastic stretch covers can be bought on ebay.

Was going to get new tyres at the start of the 2015 season, never happened (the old ones were 12 years old :scared:), finally got a new set (4) a few weeks ago, I'm glad we waited - 420 quid fitted through Black Circles, went to ATS for fitting, very good service, new tyres are all 2015 manufacture, and the best bit, we priced up at start of year at 480 quid, so a nice saving. :D New leisure battery next.

Sounds like a very good price-what make of tyres did you go for?

I used Black Circles once but found Tyres On The Drive just as competitive and they fit them.

I fell out with them a short while back when i booked and paid for 2 new tyres for the motorhome online.

I wanted the same as the rear ones Nexen CP 321 Classe Premiere 215/75 R16C, 116/114, 10 Ply, so all 4 were matching.

An hour before they were due to arrive the manager rang me to say they didn`t have the ones i`d ordered but would bring alternative ones instead.

I told him that was not what i wanted and asked for a refund, he tried to talk me round but i wouldn`t budge so he reluctantly agreed to the refund.

9 fekking days to get my money back :mad2::mad2::mad2: I will never use them again.

Land Rover spare wheel covers from £20 up to £80 for a genuine one. Elasticated fit.

Genuine last better, but you could buy a few cheapy ones for the money.

We use Camskill for new stuff, usually supply only but competitive prices.

Peter

Yes, loads of options on e bay. Looks like the cheapest of them only go up to 29" diam.

Can get tyre size here.

Alloy Wheels & Tyres for sale: for Cars, Motorhomes, Vans & 4x4s: Best UK prices with TYRESAVE. Also part-worn tyres

Sounds like a very good price-what make of tyres did you go for?[/QUOTE

Sorry for late reply, Michelin agilis camping. Plus we got Tesco points as well.

That is a good price for a set of premium tyres,I also replaced mine last year with a set of Michelin Agilis camping and so far have been very pleased with them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back