Tyres and Wheels

alwaysared

I'm looking at changing my 15" alloys for 16" ones (may even consider steel wheels) and I can get some wheels at a decent price but everywhere is quoting silly money for the tyres! So does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look for decent tyres at a reasonable price? Any help is apprecciated.

Regards,
Del

At the risk of opening up another long debate about tyres, I'll just share my experiences with the set I have on just now.

I replaced the two rear axles with Avon commercial tyres, paying particular attention to the highest load rating available at the time. After experiencing the tyres performance on the car I fitted Falken tyres on the front and they have proven to be good on wet grip and low noise. Since you and your carer are on the move all the time I think good commercial tyres are probably as well suited as any. The Falken tyres on the car have had a puncture from a nail in mid tread and were repaired free of charge. That is a thing with Falken apparently.

But, what do I know Del?

Cheers

H

I bought my alloys from rimstyle

https://www.rimstyle.com

who were v helpful on the phone. In the end, I bought a complete package including tyres which from memory worked out pretty reasonably for the tyres (fitted before delivery), all things considered.

One word of caution, it wasn't obvious to me (or my local tyre co) that when fitting the new alloys, I needed to remove (by unscrewing) the steel wheel locator studs on each hub so that the alloys seated properly.

Just seen these on Facebook
IMG_0321.png
IMG_0322.png

Sorry to but in, but, my van is running on 225.75.16 not the above, can anyone come up with a reason? It’s a 2014 boxer van and the tyres are original factory fit campervan tyres

Sorry to but in, but, my van is running on 225.75.16 not the above, can anyone come up with a reason? It’s a 2014 boxer van and the tyres are original factory fit campervan tyres
There are two Sevel factory fit options for 16’ wheels around that age, 215 and 225, if the van originally came with CP labelled tyres they will be 225.

It was a 2012 Alco chassis. Not sure what part of the country you are but if they fit you are welcome to them.
That's very kind of you, I will measure the centres on mine properly and get back to you (y)

Regards,
Del

Save on tyres Exeter also ebay
I’m in Exeter and SaveOn are a good price, but also so are Protyre. I then found that Asda will be very competitive and you get them fitted at your choice of fitters. I found their price to be even better than my best ‘trade’ price with Protyre as they buy in many thousands and make peanuts, the tyre fitters also just get paid a handling charge. I’d suggest you get an Asda quote and see if they can be fitted locally to you.

i upgraded to 16” on mine as part of the increase weight process got the wheels & tryres off e bay delivered from germany , they were supplied from a motorhome factory? delivered with 16” converter fitted 15” for performance issues ? they were/are brill brand new and cheaper than tyres alone

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back