Tyrepal Solar 6

I'm going to read the destructions again and see if I don't glaze over this time. The four sensors are labelled RF,RR1 and LF,LR1 but the other two aren't marked up. You've set little devil doubt loose and no mistake.🤣

Cheers

H
the other 2 can be used multiple ways. extra 2 wheels on a Tag axle or a dually van. maybe a Trailer or a Caravan, or a spare wheel plus spare sensor.

the RR1 and LR1 will be for the first pair of rear wheels and the ones you want to use first. the unmarked ones are for the second pair of rears or caravan/trailer, or spares wheel/s.

Well, I reckon it's mainly because I've never got to grips with it. I bought it with all good intentions but never did set it up properly. Just ordered some new batteries for the sensors and all this talk of possibly finding brake and bearing problems is giving me second thoughts...

Cheers

H
I put up my SatNav up for sale couple of years ago as it was a bit of a duplicate over what I had in the new van. My "for sale" post with the description of what I was selling made me wonder why I did not keep it! :D So I did and very pleased and lucky I did :)
I bet you will have the same thoughts on your TPMS a few months down the road if you decide to keep and fit them ;)

I'm using this system in my Motorhome ...

Uses the dash as the display rather than having a separate screen. (nice as it eliminates another screen stuck on the dash)
61GMezbkirL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

The TPMS thingy arrived yesterday looks okay biggest issue seems to be the locking nut and short threads on valves, the manual is in Chinglishese, but luckily I founds a fairly simple looking YT video of the one I bought.

I got tyred watching it. 😂
Seems a good idea to me, pity it dont warn of a blowout.:eek:

The TPMS thingy arrived yesterday looks okay biggest issue seems to be the locking nut and short threads on valves, the manual is in Chinglishese, but luckily I founds a fairly simple looking YT video of the one I bought.

Something you may want to do periodically is loosen and then retighten the sensor on the valve. Often you can get galvanic corrosion which will weld the two parts together (same as if you use a metal dustcap).
Personally, I would not use the locking nut as that can create its own problem. Depends if you think people may go around stealing the sensors? (They aren't neede from stop the sensors falling off by themselves).

I got tyred watching it. 😂

Seems a good idea to me, pity it dont warn of a blowout.:eek:
how do you know? It depends if it is due to sudden damage or the result of a problem building up.

dismissing like that would be like saying there is no point in having a low oil level light as it wouldn't tell you if your engine ran dry, or a coolant gauge as it wouldn't tell you if your engine has overheated.

Last edited:
Would silicone grease or copperslip help with that, I did wonder about the lock nuts, but thought that the sensors might not be tough enough to go on and stay on without them.

Would silicone grease or copperslip help with that, I did wonder about the lock nuts, but thought that the sensors might not be tough enough to go on and stay on without them.
It would (y)

I've never lost a TPMS sensor. But have had them jam on hard and needed to get a bit medieval on their asses (to quote Pulp Fiction) to remove them - which is why I don't tend to use the locking nuts (and why I will likely go out and undo and redo all the ones on my MH now I have said it is a good idea, as not done that in a while!)

Last edited:
I used the locking nuts on the van but after having problems removing the sensors on the car I put them back on without the nuts, they have never come loose

If they had put a hex on the actual sensor you'd not need a lock nut.
Some have them :)

But .... the bodies are plastic and they can weld themselves on so tight a spanner will just round the hex profile! (want to borrow my t shirt? ;) )

(I think the theory is that the sensor and nut are tightened against each other and so becomes vibration-resistant - bit like using two nuts on a bolt. but unless you have a really wobbly wheel which you would not drive with anyway I would think, it is a non-issue and is more a theft precuation method)

Yes I know, I meant that the body should be brass not plastic, but I guess they might end up too big and ugly, like Barry.

how do you know? It depends if it is due to sudden damage or the result of a problem building up.

dismissing like that would be like saying there is no point in having a low oil level light as it wouldn't tell you if your engine ran dry, or a coolant gauge as it wouldn't tell you if your engien has overheated.
I remember my driving instructor telling me tyres are what keep you on the road, take care of them and they will take care of you.

Dont put copperslip near alloy, silicone grease is best or some PTFE tape.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back