Tyre inflator

Sheringham4

Hi all,

Just considering buying a tyre inflator for my motorhome. There seems to be a load of options! Wondering what other folks carry with them should the need arise. I see there’s a portable Makita DMP 180Z on Screwfix, where I could use the battery’s I have from some other Mikita tools, assuming it’s powerful enough & it avoids the trailing hose etc. Any thoughts gratefully received. Cheers.

don't be so lazy
1713960268407.png

check it will do the high pressure needed for a van tyre.

Just checked, 120psi so should be good

I keep getting a Temu add offering one for £1.67 if I download the app, but already have it,

Cheaper here

Just got a £10.00 one from China no brand.
I'm getting air horns so need tank big enough for rear air suspension thinking of this

Incidentally it's one of the best purchases I've made. It's such a faff manoeuvring a big vehicle near an airline!

I have an air hawk which runs on 12v battery or using a rechageble battery,

The latter is very useful especially for checking trailer tyres.

Hi all,

Just considering buying a tyre inflator for my motorhome. There seems to be a load of options! Wondering what other folks carry with them should the need arise. I see there’s a portable Makita DMP 180Z on Screwfix, where I could use the battery’s I have from some other Mikita tools, assuming it’s powerful enough & it avoids the trailing hose etc. Any thoughts gratefully received. Cheers.
It is the case that many claims made by purveyors of these things are untrue, they won't blow your tyres up to high pressures, instead get they get overheated, stop, burnout and blow fuses.

I have an Air Hawk which runs on 12v battery or using a rechargeble battery,

The latter is very useful especially for checking trailer tyres.

It is the case that many claims made by purveyors of these things are untrue, they won't blow your tyres up to high pressures, instead get they get overheated, stop, burnout and blow fuses.

Neither the Mikita nor the Air Hawk will blow fuses as they can both operate independently from the vehicle 12v system.

I use the Ring RAC900. It’s a quality build and has no trouble with the pressures required. Easy to use, long leads etc. Very happy with it.

Back