Tyre Inflator

martyndh

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a Tyre Inflator capable of blowing up motorhome tyres
together with an accurate pressure guage? Would also be good if it could be used on cars/Mc's and Bikes

Thanks ***** - was really looking for something capable of doing the lot?

i think even professional tyre fitters gauges need regular re-calibrating, so i would say any reasonable compressor with a mechanical or digital tyre pressure gauge to double check

I've had these tyre inflator devices I've burnt 3 out they take so long to inflate usually do something else whilst it's happening apparently 15 minutes maximum to have them working at one go
Now I pays me quid and use a petrol station one more accurate too

Bought a Tmax one for use on the Landrovers a good few years back....
Not cheap BUT is happy inflating large tyres without dying...

YouTube.

I've also got a 150 psi self contained compressor on board with a small tank for operating my air horns on the transit.
They do a good impression of a diesel train horn...

Confuses train drivers when you're at a level crossing waiting to cross ;-)

it's not a bad idea to have an 'old skool' pen type gauge somewhere around the van.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a Tyre Inflator capable of blowing up motorhome tyres
together with an accurate pressure guage? Would also be good if it could be used on cars/Mc's and Bikes
Do you mean 12v or 240v

I have a really good one. I think it is a Ring 900. [Later] Found it!
Ring RAC900 Heavy Duty Tyre Inflator, Air Compressor with 7m extendable airline, brass connector and storage bag: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
I've had it many years and it has been excellent. Faster than a forecourt airline. It uses a fair bit of power. After a few years it melted its 30A fuse holder, so I replaced that
The only unsatisfactory bit of it is the valve connector. I replaced that with the standard sort used by the trade.
PCL Airline Tyre Inflator Twin Open End
The coiled air hose reaches all the motorhome wheels and it is effective and reliable
It does get quite hot in use, of course. Just give it a few minutes to cool down before touching it.

Same here, brilliant bit of kit.

all the 12 volt compressors ive had over the years have been rubbish. now carry an old skool foot pump under the seat. it isnt fast but is reliable.

Those ring pumps are brilliant

I have the cheaper ring machine, here Ring Automotive Analogue Air Compressor 12v - rac610 | eBay

I used it last weekend actually and sad as it sounds I was timing the time to inflate from 60 to 70 psi, about 10 minutes, very impressed.

Very robust little pump for the money.

I carry on of these from Lidl for the suspension and tyres. It seems well built and has never been any trouble and always worked well achieving 4bar easily.[video=youtube;3NnouyoojpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NnouyoojpI[/video]

I carry on of these from Lidl for the suspension and tyres. It seems well built and has never been any trouble and always worked well achieving 4bar easily.[video=youtube;3NnouyoojpI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NnouyoojpI[/video]

I have that lidl pump as well, heavy unit and well made but compared to the ring unit in my earlier post it is very very slow once you get above 40 or so psi.

The Ring unit is really very good for less than £13 delivered.

Perhaps one of THESE might work

I was just thinking the same thing. I have never heard of anyone using a Track Pump on a car or van but I use mine to pump up the bike tyre to 100 psi and the gauge on it seems pretty good.

Richard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back