Typical Hymer Owner

• Thread starter Deleted member 9849
  • Start date
thats one funny looking hymer! looks more like a pilote to me ;-)

Vehicle is a Dethleffs Globetrotter, exactly same vehicle I sold to a guy down south, 2015, pity number plate is not on view.

I stand corrected, apologies to all owners of classic Hymers,I might have guessed it was a daft Dethleffs owner.:lol-053:

I stand corrected, apologies to all owners of classic Hymers,I might have guessed it was a daft Dethleffs owner.:lol-053:

Phew, had me worried there... I think he may have been trying for a better TV picture, sometimes 3in makes all the difference.

Don't worry I do understand all of us who buy German quality are always gonna get it wether it be hymer or dethleff poor guy must've been craping it looks like he had a lucky escape. But that dethleff could have fallen a couple of hundred feet and there wouldn't even been a scratch on it there made out of cryptonite well that's what the salesman told me when he took all my money😜

Zooming in on the iPad, it looks like a continental registration (NL - maybe)

Jon

I always think that a front wheel drive van, could get stuck like that in the wet on a slope, Is that one FWD?
I got stuck on a tight bumpy grass area that was meant to be a POI parking area in the hills at Conway. Was really worrying but I did get out in the end, being Automatic it did not like the high torque reversing. I swear the gearbox smelt like burning tar, when I found a place shortly after at the pier at Bangor, but it is a fluid flywheel not a clutch. It was probably a roof repair that I smelt, but it was not nice.

I always think that a front wheel drive van, could get stuck like that in the wet on a slope, Is that one FWD?
I got stuck on a tight bumpy grass area that was meant to be a POI parking area in the hills at Conway. Was really worrying but I did get out in the end, being Automatic it did not like the high torque reversing. I swear the gearbox smelt like burning tar, when I found a place shortly after at the pier at Bangor, but it is a fluid flywheel not a clutch. It was probably a roof repair that I smelt, but it was not nice.

Yes you can overheat a fluid clutch, that's why they have coolers for the ATF.

It's a scary enough road if you meet some one coming the other way in a car, let alone a Motorhome :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back