TV recommendations please

We had a Cello for the last TV we bothered with, 22" and the sound was truly awful it took ages to get a refund, but it seems it's a problem they suffer with through the range, nowadays we download to our 10" tablets and it's much better and we can watch what we want individually with earphones, no need for inverters etc as can be charged when on the move, one charge lasts two nights.
Really can’t go wrong with Avtex, we’ve had several over the past 20 years. Very often there are good deals to be had on them at the various shows. Happy viewing.

I was looking at a cello branded one. Any advise please ppl?
We have a Cello branded one. On the plus side is it's 12v and 230v and has HDMI as well as a Freeview aerial socket. On the minus side, the viewing angle is horrible. Jan and I can only see it properly if we tilt it down (the shelf it sits on is only a foot below head height when seated) and sit together -- anything else and one or both of us are looking at 'ghost images'. Sound is awful as well, but we get round that with external speakers.
If TV quality is more important to you than price, I suggest getting something other than Cello.

Last edited:
Back