TV not receiving HD programmes.

Gadabout2

We have a 5 year old Carado T348, factory fitted with a Flatsat Classic S65 satellite dish, and Caratec Vision CAV226DSW 12V television. Since last week we have been unable to receive any HD programmes, particularly BBC. Do I now need to buy an HD satellite box to go between the satellite dish and the TV, or do I need a new smart HD ready TV set, or both ?

Your post seems to indicate that you previously did receive HD programs, in which case it may well be because of a shift in frequencies, so you need to do a scan to check.

If it works can't you get a software upgrade ? For your sat system. My box can be returned from remote ! Look in settings.

France was HD only a good few years ago. But England is only digital upframing to HD.. HD is not as good as 4 k or 8k.

Save your money and sanity, stay off bbc. If you do spend ££££ on a 2024 screen I'd get 4K tv now.

But at my age and eyes, I don't see a difference in up framing digital, (cheap) High Definition ( extra money ) 4K (expensive ) Evan on a larger screen

BBC have stopped all HD transmissions they gave a warning sometime last year been mentioned on here a few times

We have a 5 year old Carado T348, factory fitted with a Flatsat Classic S65 satellite dish, and Caratec Vision CAV226DSW 12V television. Since last week we have been unable to receive any HD programmes, particularly BBC. Do I now need to buy an HD satellite box to go between the satellite dish and the TV, or do I need a new smart HD ready TV set, or both ?
You need one or the other not both. If you go for the sat tv run the coax from sat dish straight to tv

Your TV has a FTA tuner for HD satellite, unlike true Freesat TV's these need to be retuned whenever Freesat change frequencies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back