TV cables

Woody66

Free Member
Hi
What cable do I need to connect a tv to an aerial plug-in? A few sites are now providing serviced pitches with an aerial point, usually next to the EHU. It will need to be 5m plus to go through the window. Any ideas?

Get a 25m one to be on the safe side.

Quite a few CAMC ( Caravan and Motorhome Club ) sites have them in poor TV reception areas.

The wardens normally sell them in reception along with other items which is one of the perks they are allowed to do.

Good idea on getting a long one!

Then they have to be brought through a window to get to the telly but in my experience you can still close the window and fasten it securely even with the coax running through it.

Oh and when you wind it back up try and keep it in a bag or tape the coil up (or preferably both) so you don't have spaghetti the next time you use it :)

FWIW, I can't close my windows or blinds with a cable through them and so I've got a Vision Plus external socket (link to Amazon below -- also available elsewhere). That's let me route the TV cable behind the lockers out of the way.

When we used an external satellite dish (Twice - up for sale if anyone want's it!) we bought a short flat cable about 5 inches long with connectors at each end which allowed us to bring the cable through and close the window on it without detriment to the coax. Don't know if they're available for 75ohm coax but certainly worked fine on the F plug terminated satellite coax.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back