Trusted Dealers.

Quest4Camper

Free Member
Ok deep breath here we go.

So looking for your suggestions for dealers I can trust, live in North Yorkshire but happy to travel for a good dealer experience. I know stock is low and everyone is trying to buy MH's due to the inability to holiday abroad. Happy to wait till the market calms down, will have about 50k to spend on a good 2nd hand German van 4 berth but mainly 2 with occasional guest. Love the layout on the Burstner Nexxo t690 but just want to know who I can trust.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Mat

I’m nowhere near you to know anyone to suggest. However, if I was parting with such a large sum, I’d buy close to home if at all possible. This way when you get an after-sale issue that requires sorting you aren’t having to drive halfway across the country to get it back to the dealer, and all the added expense this would entail.

Ok deep breath here we go.

So looking for your suggestions for dealers I can trust, live in North Yorkshire but happy to travel for a good dealer experience. I know stock is low and everyone is trying to buy MH's due to the inability to holiday abroad. Happy to wait till the market calms down, will have about 50k to spend on a good 2nd hand German van 4 berth but mainly 2 with occasional guest. Love the layout on the Burstner Nexxo t690 but just want to know who I can trust.

Thanks in advance for all your help

Mat

We have used these guys and had a 100% positive experience. https://omcmotorhomes.co.uk

There ethos is that they want you to return whenever you want to buy again. Read the reviews.

I would keep,a wide berth from Catterick Caravans, bought a new Autotrai 5 years ago , and had abysmal service from them ended up having to take it to the manufacture in Grimsby a number of times as Catterick failed to sort the problems out

another for OAKTREE,didn't get pressure,had an issue with a window on our return from France,sent a pic to them got told to get it rectified and was reimbursed fully,service has been great

I would keep,a wide berth from Catterick Caravans, bought a new Autotrai 5 years ago , and had abysmal service from them ended up having to take it to the manufacture in Grimsby a number of times as Catterick failed to sort the problems out
Same here with the first motorhome I bought 6 years ago.
Failed to even contact me after I took 18 month old motorhome back to them so they could checkout leaking pipework. When I eventually managed to speak to someone they stated ‘waiting for manufacturer to give go ahead for repair ‘ that was 5 weeks after they had viewed the problem.
Gave up with them and sold motorhome.

not used them but Tyne Valley Motorhomes I think have a decent rep and are fairly local to North Yorks.
Nearly bought a new Hymer from them 4 years ago.
What put me off was unanswered phone calls and emails, went elsewhere to spend my hard earned money.

Go to a Burstner main agent with a good reputation...
Just about all I can say on your quest as I dont know of one.
Dont buy from M Mouse & co

Was there today, they are struggling to get any stock. Infact the salesman told me since lockdown ended he's sold over 70 MH's

Yes I think this is nationwide.
I had a problem with my hab door and they were excellent in dealing with it.
I was on a site with a faulty gas regulator which was leaking.
They sent a replacement to the site by courier which arrived next day.
I know others have not found them satisfactory.
But I can only say what I have experienced.

Last edited:
Southdowns are good in Portsmouth. Burstner main agents as well. Get on very well with them and they always seem to go the extra mile to get things sorted.

Jason was our salesman ex military and I can honestly say very thorough and never left a stone unturned
we hired a van one way as we were heading to France from there
he had it warm for our arrival ,helped to transfer our loads of luggage etc
when brought it round for our departure he asked if we could wait 15 mins as he was not happy with the quality of one of the rear cameras
it was quickly taken into the workshop a new camera fitted and never had any trouble since,now many a dealer would not have let on and kept fingers crossed ,that is great service etc imho

Checking out Oaktree Motorhomes site a large amount of vehicles are marked as sold so they must be doing something right?

Jason was our salesman ex military and I can honestly say very thorough and never left a stone unturned
we hired a van one way as we were heading to France from there
he had it warm for our arrival ,helped to transfer our loads of luggage etc
when brought it round for our departure he asked if we could wait 15 mins as he was not happy with the quality of one of the rear cameras
it was quickly taken into the workshop a new camera fitted and never had any trouble since,now many a dealer would not have let on and kept fingers crossed ,that is great service etc imho

Jason gave us the final tour of our MH and prefaced it with "I know you know MH's and what I am about to tell you, you will already know but I am going to tell you anyway even if I have to sit on you. :ROFLMAO:
All done with a twinkle in his eye.

Dont bother with these Jokers.I bought a Hymer from them and had major engine trouble breaking down 3 days into a 14 day holiday on the Isle Of Skye 500 miles from home,after buying it from them i/e our first trip in the hymer and even though it was under a Warranty which I had paid for they tried to charge me.It took them 3 months to fix it.So I did not have a Motorhome through the summer to use.Stay well clear is my advice.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back