Truma Trouble!

Sportstar

Hi All
Autocruise Sportstar with Combi 4 E heater. Driving me spare trying to get it working, new PCB - no joy. Last time I checked the circuits, power was at the unit but need to check the power supply fuse. Does anyone now where it is? The wiring diagram shows the supply coming from 'P6' on the Sargent PSU but no indication on the list in the handbook of any of the fuses covering that supply. Help!
Simon

Please describe the symptoms in more detail.

First thing - what (if anything) is displayed on the control panel?
Second do other 12v devices work?

Hi. Forgot to check replies, busy busy!
Van is a 2010 model Boxer.
Voltmeter check for 12 volt supply at PCB: OK so looks like fuse (wherever it is!) must be ok.
Display is dead (old type twin knobs, not digital).
No noises from unit
240 volt supply ok to mains supply unit.
It has worked intermittently and unpredictably for a while, but now appears dead despite the new (expensive) PCB.
Last year I had some LED indications on the PCB and checked Truma's fault codes list, leading to decision to replace PCB.
When it works it is great but not good for happiness when keeps failing without knowing why!
Tempted to call it a day and get a complete new unit to end uncertainty.

Now don’t shout at me,but, I have same system, when it doesn’t work I just turn the left dial back to the middle (off) position, give it a second, then turn back to the bottom winter setting and the lights on both switches come on, you can assume I have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever but that works for me.

Try changing the data cable from the boiler to the controller if you are getting nothing on the controller. They are only male male 6pin RJ data cables. I had to change mine earlier in the year. They are cheap to buy less than £10 depending on length and don't get a Truma one they are about £40/50

Have you checked the the 10 amp barrel fuse at the back of the unit .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-183807_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204-183807_YouTube.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 35
I gave up with ours and fitted a new combi 4e
The worst part of the job was that it needed the later control panel and the old link cable has to be replaced with one with an extra wire.

I have same van, same age. Had similar problem in past, replacing data cable helped for a while then replacing control panel which solved the problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back