Truma Level Control?

Lemut

Free Member
Hi All,
Bit of help needed with is bit of kit which Truma say their Level Control is not suitable for refillable tank gas cylinders (mines a Gaslow BTW). I've seen them used by the likes of Greg Virgoe with his Gaslow
in his 2019 video.
Does anyone know why https://www.autoleisure.co.uk/ say it can't be used with refillable cylinders?
Cheers,
Graham

think most of these kind of detectors work on a form of sonar measurement ie how long a pulse takes to travel across a cylinder

I’ve got the older hand held one it works on my gaslow bottles.
FCEB6457-A9C5-45D7-AC58-D37D59BCCFDD.jpeg

I don’t really understand why Truma say it won’t work with a refillable bottle, but if you want an alternative, I can recommend Mopeka sensors. You don’t need an iNet box and the Bluetooth connection ( on mine, at least) is quite robust, and they are pretty accurate in determining the level of gas. You can also use them with any size cylinder as well as underslung tanks.

Yup got 2 x mopeka sensors on our 2 x 9kg Gaslow bottles....

Bit sensitive to paint thickness on cylinders (nothing a bit or rough sandpaper didn't sort out...)

And a handy accurate way of knowing your gas levels

Screenshot_20220112-224741_Tank .jpg

We just use to 10kg bottles. When the Auto Switchover lights up and shows red its time to start looking for an Autogas refil site. We know we have a few days to find one.

Two 11kg Gaslow here, the level gauges are pretty good. Manually switch over when one runs out - simples! (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back