TRUMA HEATER ISSUE

Stanski

Hi everyone, have had to remove my Truma.
It is a C6003, 25 Yr old, and has started leaking water.
My sentiment is to replace like for like.

You experts out there may suggest putting a newer version in.

Suggestions or Comments anyone?

where is it leaking water from? if its from the main heat exchanger then its probably not worth trying to fix.. these things aint cheap to replace but its worth seeing if it fixable?

Some time ago I read of Truma doing a reconditioning service maybe worth a look a factory recon should be good

where is it leaking water from? if its from the main heat exchanger then its probably not worth trying to fix.. these things aint cheap to replace but its worth seeing if it fixable?
Going to inspect it tomorrow.

Some time ago I read of Truma doing a reconditioning service maybe worth a look a factory recon should be good
Found a coy in Cannock who has one for sale.
Discovered also a second hand one in Nottingham.
Will attempt to decide what to do after closer inspection of the item.

Hi everyone, have had to remove my Truma.
It is a C6003, 25 Yr old, and has started leaking water.
My sentiment is to replace like for like.

You experts out there may suggest putting a newer version in.

Suggestions or Comments anyone?
If it were me i'd install a diesel version, then my gas supply would last for a very long time. Gas can be a right pain, you try filling up with autogas in Norway or Italy & perhaps other countries too.
Just a thought.

If it were me i'd install a diesel version, then my gas supply would last for a very long time. Gas can be a right pain, you try filling up with autogas in Norway or Italy & perhaps other countries too.
Just a thought.
Sort of agree with you, personally LPG has not been too much of a problem.
We usually last 2 months on our tank.

The problem is a hole in the side wall of the lower half. See pic below.

My initial thinking is the glue in a stainless screw to plug it.
Any other thoughts?
20230922_110543.jpg

I put liquid metal on my sump all good. but I don't drink oil out of it. Could it or would it become contaminated ?

Travel to Morroco I think that is where dia had his heater repaired they took it to bits and repaired it please dont quote me on this think i have details right .

Solution taken was to purchase a refurbished one, slightly different model Truma 603,.
Bought from A& R Electronics in Cannock.

Fitting the replacement discovered the exhaust pipe had corroded at external port connection , so a repair of that break using exhaust putty and a tin can then allowed sufficient clean air into burner.

Now tested and its a good un.

Toasty in damp and windy Plymouth.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back