Truma Combi 4e HEATING PROBS

Fazerloz

Lately we have been on ehu a bit and using elec for the combi. It started to give out little heat and take a long time to heat the water. Suspecting a failed element I removed the heater and sure enough one element had failed. These are very easy to change if you have a considerable amount of room around your heater or as in my case I had to remove it to do the repair. For anyone likely to do their own repairs the resistance readings on my one still functioning element were 162ohms whilst the two new elements were both 56ohms. If yours is taking much more than 30mins on electric to give hot water then it s more than likely a element that has gone. If the reset button has popped you will get no warm water or heat at all.
£150 for 2 elements.

Lately we have been on ehu a bit and using elec for the combi. It started to give out little heat and take a long time to heat the water. Suspecting a failed element I removed the heater and sure enough one element had failed. These are very easy to change if you have a considerable amount of room around your heater or as in my case I had to remove it to do the repair. For anyone likely to do their own repairs the resistance readings on my one still functioning element were 162ohms whilst the two new elements were both 56ohms. If yours is taking much more than 30mins on electric to give hot water then it s more than likely a element that has gone. If the reset button has popped you will get no warm water or heat at all.
£150 for 2 elements.
Useful info, thanks.👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back