Truma boiler fault

Hi Guy

We had exactly the same fault just before Christmas. Took it to a local dealer who spent many hours on the phone to Truma. Eventually worked out that there were two faults linked - firstly the 12V circuit board had developed a fault (this I gather is quite common on Truma boilers). Also our auto change over valve was faulty on one side and not giving enough pressure to the regulator.

Not sure how long you have had your camper but worth remembering that Truma give a 5yr warranty on their boilers.

The gas cometh not, man.

Having spent this morning successfully replacing my broken tap (thanks to Tilshead Caravans btw - no-one else had one , and there it was 2 miles down road), I then spent the afternoon wrestling with me Trumas.

Boiler has worked in the past, but not been used for 2-3 months, and I don't think the heaters been used for longer. Both now playing the same tune - click,click,click,click followed by "red light of failure". Taps are on, covers off, flus flowing, fans blowing, fuses fine.

Has anyone got any fresh suggestions? I'm booked in for a service next month, but it's next week at Cape Wrath I'm worried about! Incidentally, fridge not working on gas either, but oven and hob fine. I'll resist the temptation to use themas heaters...

Cheers

RE: The gas cometh not, man.

It really sounds like a gas problem. I'm not being cheeky but could there be a valve closed somewhere? I had my ancient ultrastore boiler out recently and found a fine screen in the gas inlet which was half blocked but the unit still fired OK. Other thought is air in the line that is just not having time to flush through before the flame detector kicks in. Be sure to check the fuse that is on the boiler PCB however I think if it is gone you won't even get the tick tick of the ignitor. Are the batteries fully charged ( or running on mains)-- My eberspatcher fails if voltage is low. Good luck

Having spent this morning successfully replacing my broken tap (thanks to Tilshead Caravans btw - no-one else had one , and there it was 2 miles down road), I then spent the afternoon wrestling with me Trumas.

Boiler has worked in the past, but not been used for 2-3 months, and I don't think the heaters been used for longer. Both now playing the same tune - click,click,click,click followed by "red light of failure". Taps are on, covers off, flus flowing, fans blowing, fuses fine.

Has anyone got any fresh suggestions? I'm booked in for a service next month, but it's next week at Cape Wrath I'm worried about! Incidentally, fridge not working on gas either, but oven and hob fine. I'll resist the temptation to use themas heaters...

Cheers

Is there isolating valves on the gas line to the heater and fridge the regulator must be ok for hob to work

Alf

Do you think there is something going on with Truma and extra terestrials, my Truma also playing up the water will get hot so boiler seems to be working but cant the hot air to blow so seems like the fan not working. i wondered if it was something to do with the gas but then the hot water would not work.er.er.er.er! ! ! !

Just had a minor epic with my truma heater - tries to light then red light comes on and everything shuts down. I found that the 'secumotion' device on the regulator was tripping and cutting off the gas. Truma thought the regulator was duff but after much fiddling around I discovered the problem was due to a dodgy gas fill (too much butane in my gaslow system) in France. Worked fine in summer in France but the heater wanted more gas than would vapourise in Brit autumn temperatures, this caused the regulator to trip.

truma trauma

Do you think there is something going on with Truma and extra terestrials, my Truma also playing up the water will get hot so boiler seems to be working but cant the hot air to blow so seems like the fan not working. i wondered if it was something to do with the gas but then the hot water would not work.er.er.er.er! ! ! !
Hi, I realise its a long while since your posting but I have exactly the same problem developed.
Did you solve yours?

Truma ultrastore fault

The problem with your boiler is the PCB board. It is found under the triangle cover. Check the on board glass fuse has not blown. If that seems ok then there is one more fuse but it will need to go back to Truma to be replaced. It is a small round fuse fixed on the board normally brown.

Another very good tip to all of you is:

If any of you have the problem of the boiler not fireing up. Remove the PCB board and put it in the airing cupboard over night or warm it up with a hair dryer.
This is a design fault and the PCB boards sometimes pack up if they get damp.
I have saved 20 customers £140 with this tip and only 2 customers it didn't work for.

Missions Impossible
Mobile caravan & motorhome servicing.
07811 379412

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back