Troon beach or Stevenson harbour .

Jimhunterj4

for a cheeky wee Saturday night this weekend, I can't decide where to go, the best of the weather is Ayrshire coast, got my 2 yr old granddaughter with us too, where do I go then wild chaps ?

down to culzean castle very nice spot in fact anywhere from there to largs is fantastic.

Quite exposed at Troon, unless you go down past the harbour bit and tuck in that car park, (great chippy nearby) lots of night time traffic including police cars at Stevenston. largs has got some good options too.

Quite exposed at Troon, unless you go down past the harbour bit and tuck in that car park, (great chippy nearby) lots of night time traffic including police cars at Stevenston. largs has got some good options too.

I agree. Troon wasn't for me.
Ended up up the coast a wee bit in a huge beach-side carpark 55°35'59.5"N 4°40'56.3"W. A bit of in/out traffic until midnight-ish but worth it come the morning with beautiful beach walks ...... and a large stone dragon atop a hillside viewpoint.

how about prestwick.my van 3m just made it under bridge at train station,or at the marina .theres a soft play area for kids too. or ardeer beach

Last edited:
I agree. Troon wasn't for me.
Ended up up the coast a wee bit in a huge beach-side carpark 55°35'59.5"N 4°40'56.3"W. A bit of in/out traffic until midnight-ish but worth it come the morning with beautiful beach walks ...... and a large stone dragon atop a hillside viewpoint.

Thanks for this - I've added it to the Wild Camp POIs :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back