Trigano/fiat Advice

Mossystone

Hi, We are looking to purchase a used Trigano Tribute based on the fiat 2008 2.3 diesel van.
Can anyone give an honest appraisal of the conversion and/or the base van and engine
Very interested to know if it is good for all weather use and any particular things to look for with the engine/van with relatively high mileage (60k. ish)
I know that's not high for a commercial but is relatively high for most motorhomes of that age.

Any thoughts or advice will be much appreciated. :anyone:

That`s a quite early X250 model so make sure the reverse gear problem has been sorted.

Test it by reversing up an incline.

I had an earlier model 2005, a better build i thought ,had it 5 years and put 10,000 miles a year on it and used it all year round. Never had any issues and its not good to buy a low mileage van as i found out with the van i traded it in for. Tribby's have a dedicated forum ask the same question there.
tribby.co.uk ? Index page
ps never had any clutch problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with previous post,I had a 2008 Autotrail on a Fart and it was utter rubbish,apart from the judder it had a lot of niggling faults,must have been a Friday job!
Test it thoroughly, Andy Stothert from MMM had a similar model ad year and his experiences became a bit of a saga!

I got a trigano tribute 2006, now in 35k
Love it, had it remapped great in fuel.
Did have the dreaded clutch problem tho.
It a common problem that tee clutch slips, mine was slipping at 17k!
They don't get worse tho for some reason. Had it hanged and all good now.
Thanks
G

I got a trigano tribute 2006, now in 35k
Love it, had it remapped great in fuel.
Did have the dreaded clutch problem tho.
It a common problem that tee clutch slips, mine was slipping at 17k!
They don't get worse tho for some reason. Had it hanged and all good now.
Thanks
G

Is that the X244 or the X250 ? Both were available that year.

OK, that`s a X244 and not the same cab model as Mossystone is thinking of.

Thank you to all those who have responded. I have had plenty of reading through the various links. I think that if I don't experience clutch/judder problems on the test drive I should be able to assume it is either fixed or not a problem to start with.
Trouble is that if you start researching forums with any model all you find are the things that go wrong. Can only do your best when looking and then keep your fingers crossed and have faith in the dealers warranty. There do seem to be a lot of fans of the "Tribby" so it can't be all bad.

Thanks again.

ps. Is there a simple way to find out if all recalls have been dealt with and if they haven't is there a time limit to when they will deal with them

Trigano Tribute

Hi mossystone, I have a 2003 2.3 jtd trigano tribute, variable bed arrangement, and get over 43 mpg diesel generally out of it. In 3.5 years, no mech. problems at all, but I have had to do some repairs on the habitation heating units, which tend to be expensive. At last mot 90,000 miles the tester recorded NO EMISSIONS TO MEASURE.........so check out right out and get it........steve Bristol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back