Trent floods

molly 2

Spotted this chap trying to get.a pint at the Brownlow ,Marhnam
20240105_145226.jpg

my mate has just been flooded for the second time in 35 years last time about 10 years ago only an inch or so on the floor this time 18”” , the poor bugger nearly died twice this year spent 3 months over the summer in hospital and was just getting back. on his feet but sleeping downstairs 1:30 am he woke to water lapping around the floor , he managed to get up stairs only later did he realise his tablet i phone & laptop were on the floor by his bed his wife came down in the morning water up to her knees it had got the router tv box etc , the insurance have put him in a hotel for 3 weeks an assessor is coming on thursday the car that was in the drive had water up to the seats so that is almost certainly a write off the work on the house will take 3 months once it’s dried out , we have offered them our home while we are in portugal but think they will want to be nearer home & grandchildren

my mate has just been flooded for the second time in 35 years last time about 10 years ago only an inch or so on the floor this time 18”” , the poor bugger nearly died twice this year spent 3 months over the summer in hospital and was just getting back. on his feet but sleeping downstairs 1:30 am he woke to water lapping around the floor , he managed to get up stairs only later did he realise his tablet i phone & laptop were on the floor by his bed his wife came down in the morning water up to her knees it had got the router tv box etc , the insurance have put him in a hotel for 3 weeks an assessor is coming on thursday the car that was in the drive had water up to the seats so that is almost certainly a write off the work on the house will take 3 months once it’s dried out , we have offered them our home while we are in portugal but think they will want to be nearer home & grandchildren
Well done ken very generous of you guys to offer your home
you will get your reward in heaven 🤞

I've been watching the water level Webcam at L H Jones Marina at St Ives with interest. At least you can see the level gauge now.

(Click on the water level Cam)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back