Traveling to Spain

ozzy1955

We are toying with Spain next March/April,Carol is finding driving all the way through France and into Spain difficult now due to health problems, so looking at heading for Santander or Bilbao, any help with suggestions from anyone who has been, price guide also would help, 6.9mtr long motorhome.
Thanks in anticipation

We are toying with Spain next March/April,Carol is finding driving all the way through France and into Spain difficult now due to health problems, so looking at heading for Santander or Bilbao, any help with suggestions from anyone who has been, price guide also would help, 6.9mtr long motorhome.
Thanks in anticipation

Hello, we’ve done a single trip from Santander this March, I think approx £400? Was ok, bit choppy on Biscay.
Enjoyed the top end of Spain, so different from the Costas. Nice drive through the centre, some decent stopovers on the way and can cut down on some of the driving. Certainly worth considering.

That time of year it will be cold initially but warming up. We used to use the ferry to Santander, sometimes it was rough. Ok if you are a good sailer. 6.6 metre van costs around £390 then you have your cabin fees usually about £100 . No chance of a dog friendly cabin if you late book it. They are usually taken a year earlier.Ok for booking if you don't have one.
I intend going down around that time but to France,now I'm a lone camper I do know the best Aires to visit having visited them as a couple.

If you're a member of C&CC, or similar, book through them and get at least 10% discount.
It's worth paying the cheapest membership fee.

Thanks in anticipation
Pop in Richard and we will have a chat.

I did the Santander return this year at the end of October. Same length van, though with a bike rack on the back.

£941 including 2-Berth cabin out, and 4-Berth on the way back. Just me travelling.

Morph

That time of year it will be cold initially but warming up. We used to use the ferry to Santander, sometimes it was rough. Ok if you are a good sailer. 6.6 metre van costs around £390 then you have your cabin fees usually about £100 . No chance of a dog friendly cabin if you late book it. They are usually taken a year earlier.Ok for booking if you don't have one.
I intend going down around that time but to France,now I'm a lone camper I do know the best Aires to visit having visited them as a couple.
Hi Ffion, Thanks for your info, sorry to hear your on your own now, I lost my wife 12 years ago and found it hard to start with, I've met a wonderfull lady whom I married 3 years ago and as luck had it she took to motorhoming, just she can't drive our van as she has no C1 on her licence and with her health probs we tend to stop every 2hrs or so so as to loosen up.
Good luck with your continuing trips.

Hi Ffion, Thanks for your info, sorry to hear your on your own now, I lost my wife 12 years ago and found it hard to start with, I've met a wonderfull lady whom I married 3 years ago and as luck had it she took to motorhoming, just she can't drive our van as she has no C1 on her licence and with her health probs we tend to stop every 2hrs or so so as to loosen up.
Good luck with your continuing trips.
Thanks for that.

Glad to hear you've found a companion to share your adventures,it's hard finding someone that shares this passion. I think mine will come along one day. Until then I'll keep trucking , on my own.

How far south do you plan to travel in France?

I shall be on the Cote d'Azur ...

First timer to Spain

Hello Ffion and to the rest off you guys & girls me and my good lady are looking at going over to Spain ( traveling through France via the shuttle train to Calais around about march 2018 . We are new to this never drove abroad before but I am a hgv truck driver in the Uk From what I have read up to yet seems the safest and fastest route ( but not necessarily the shortest route) avoiding mountain steep climbs in winter over the Pyrenees and poor roads would be to travel through France down the west side Atlantic coast side past Rouen then towards Le Mans then Bordeaux then cross the boarder near Biarritz . Was wondering if you have any thoughts on this route or advice. And tips for good safe stopovers at Aires sites . We have a long 30 foot motorhome tag axle so don't want to go into small narrow streets or difficult access Sites any advice would be appreciated thank you

Hello Ffion yes I would like to reiterate the comments ozzie1955 said. My condolences to you mate on your loss . I also have been there too I am a widower. My wife passed away 10 years ago and I also struggled for a while . I haven't remarried but am with a wonderful lady too that loves the motorhome camping game and we would like to try our hand at European travel ,France and Spain to start off with anyway All the best too you good buddy

please keep us informed thanks

Thanks in anticipation

as we, that is my wife and i are thinking about sept or oct 2018 many thanks toot sweet for now best wishes pj and co xxx

the block booking by the two big clubs take all the pet cabins on offer which is why you sometimes get one as a late release they operate the same as a voyage member all guests get a 10% discount and the member gets a bonus i’m sure their deal is even better % the ten% discount should pay your membership fee,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back