Travel Insurance

pamjon

Hi.
I am having a problem getting travel insurance as a new customer,
Since August last year I am waiting for an appointment at the hospital.
During the last 2 weeks I am now waiting for 2 further appointments at the hospital.
As such I am now finding it impossible to get insured to travel as no company will insure me to go on holiday
Has anyone got any ideas or experience of the same problem.
Thanks PJ

Try world nomads ! They cover all sorts of problems and have good reviews!
We are now in sixth year of use

Try 'the insurance surgery', they deal with pre conditions so may help.

Assuming you are talking about holidaying in the EU, then a potential fallback is the AXA policy which has no limitations on preconditions.

I have not used it, but it seems like a possibility when all else fails. At least it would allow you to get away, although the price might be a bit offputting.

Worth a look anyway.

Davy

Hi.
During the last 2 weeks I am now waiting for 2 further appointments at the hospital.
As such I am now finding it impossible to get insured to travel as no company will insure me to go on holiday
Thanks PJ
Assume the problem is purely because you are awaiting tests/diagnosis/treatment ?
Once diagnosed/taking medication etc don't think there is a problem getting covered.
Don't think insurance companies like the unknown.
Appreciate that doesn't help but
I'd guess someone on here will have experienced this

Think the killer question will be:
1. Are you waiting for a medical daignosis or treatment after such a diagnosis
2. Has your doctor advised you that it is safe to travel?

Insurance is to protect against the unexpected, Claiming for, say, a heart attack when you're waiting for a triple bypass operation cannot be described as unexpected, and that may make difficult to get insurance during the hospital appointment waiting time

Steve

It's tricky.
You could elect to travel just relying on the Global Health Insurance Card which would give you a measure of financial protection if traveling in Europe, though it won't cover repatriation etc.

That may not be a (legal) solution. I don't know about other EU countries, but France definitely requires one to have travel insurance for healthcare cover. As to how often this is checked...

Hi.
Thanks PJ
That is tricky. Depending on the reasons for the hospital appointments, you might find an insurer prepared to cover you, perhaps excluding pre-existing conditions (but perhaps including them). I have found LV to be good for pre-existing conditions; have you tried them?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back