Travel insurance.

my saga cover has just risen to £356 for both multi trip 120 days cover both with pre existing conditions & over 70s

We're stuck. Going away mid Feb but waiting for slow to come heart scan results. No insurer interested until the outcome is known.

Ours was Essential £138,25 and Premier £181.57.

Mine the same as yours controlled blood pressure but the wife`s problems are all Arthritis orientated including 2 joint replacements and another one due soon o_O

Might just end up paying privately for that though with the way things are now :eek:

I dug mine out for our trip and ours was £166 for the Premier off LV.

With all annual travel insurances please check that you’re covered for more than a one off trip of 90days.
We were going to take one out and although it said 90 days it meant 1 trip in the insured period !
Which is of no use.

Nationwide Flexplus £334 90 days worldwide, me 77 with several health problems covered, wife 76 with 1 problem accepted. Worth the £13 a month for the breakdown insurance which helped when I misfuelled in Portugal . . .

Nationwide Flexplus £334 90 days worldwide, me 77 with several health problems covered, wife 76 with 1 problem accepted. Worth the £13 a month for the breakdown insurance which helped when I misfuelled in Portugal . . .
Was that on top of the £13 per month?

£13 a month gets you 31 days worldwide travel insurance, phone insurance and breakdown. No minimum deposit into the account. £334 included extra for age (£65 per account) supplement for extra 60 days, and £139 for cover for admitted medical conditions

£13 a month gets you 31 days worldwide travel insurance, phone insurance and breakdown. No minimum deposit into the account. £334 included extra for age (£65 per account) supplement for extra 60 days, and £139 for cover for admitted medical conditions
Thanks. So the £334 was in addition to the monthly £13.
Is worldwide cover obligatory rather than obviously cheaper European?

Hi,
We have settled with Staysure. £360 multitrip and all round looks OK.
I checked various independent review sites and Staysure are rated one of the best.
It was about £90 cheaper than most of the other quotes we had.

Dezi

Another vote for LV.

Just taken out their "Essentials" multi trip Europe policy @ £287 for 12 months. This has 31 day limit for trip length (enough for us). Multiple conditions for wife and self. Both will be 70 this yr. We got a bit of a discount due to being LV customers for house and car ins.

For interest, their Premium policy with 90 day trip length and some more bells and whistles but exactly the same £10m medical cover would have been £372.

It's a wearying process, getting quotes and recounting all the ailments. Not to mention answering impossible questions like "have you had any medical consultations in the last 2 years?" 😲 I can barely remember what I did last weekend ....

had a claim with them £90 excess then only maximum payout of £250 for dental treatment even on the worldwide 90 day policy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back