Travel insurance.

yorkieowl

Just come back from a trip abroad (without the mh), we got travel insurance as per, we used Puffin Puffin Insurance, travel and pet insurance experts
we've never heard of them before, but it was a really easy quote online, with no extra fees for adding medical (we used a different company the previous year and for every medical item we put down it cost £4.50!). I like to make sure all items mentioned (ie. hysterectomy from years ago), as don't want to risk a claim being refused, I gather there would be a charge if it was for current medical problems, but they were very cheap, and gave you a clear copy of your medical declaration stating they were covered. Hope the post helps someone.

Arranged travel insurance for European Multi Trip in the last half hour with Puffin.

Documents via Email within minutes, cover for a year for two of us with 62day limit on individual trips, but can be extended with a phone call and no limit on the amount of trips in a year. Just over £80 so thank you for the lead.

Cheers

H

Updated the medical stuff on our recently arranged policy with Puffin, just one of us starting statins on a trial period and confirming statin use for over ten years at a low value for the other, and it made £16 difference to the annual premium. Not bad in my opinion and the customer service person was very good.

Cheers

H

Gave Puffin a try. They are almost £4000 for annual worldwide cover for me and SWMBO, about 10 times my current premium. :sad:

One of the problems with my current policy is that once I'm 70 they restrict each trip to 30 days and that just isn't long enough for visiting Europe in the MoHo.

However, Puffin quoted £400 for annual European cover with a 62 day trip limit. So I may end up keeping my current policy for my Cuban visits & buying Puffin for MOHO around Europe!
:)

Gave Puffin a try. They are almost £4000 for annual worldwide cover for me and SWMBO, about 10 times my current premium. :sad:

One of the problems with my current policy is that once I'm 70 they restrict each trip to 30 days and that just isn't long enough for visiting Europe in the MoHo.

However, Puffin quoted £400 for annual European cover with a 62 day trip limit. So I may end up keeping my current policy for my Cuban visits & buying Puffin for MOHO around Europe!

As you say 30 days not enough so, if we are in the EU we don't worry about travel insurance, van and contents covered by van insurance and anything medical would be an emergency and they do have hospitals over there mostly covered by E111

As you say 30 days not enough so, if we are in the EU we don't worry about travel insurance, van and contents covered by van insurance and anything medical would be an emergency and they do have hospitals over there mostly covered by E111

I can see your logic there but we have a few trips to the Canaries every year and it pays to have the travel insurance where airlines and cars are concerned, despite the ''cover'' supposedly afforded by their policies.

Cheers

H

If you do take Puffin out, then might be worth double checking that there wont be a problem if you end up having to make a claim, as in effect you will have two policies covering Europe, for at least the first 30 days, and they may want to split the payout, could end up messy.

Last edited:
Travel Insurance

Mandie and I are with Alpha Insurance, Worldwide cover, with medical conditions declared. Up to 31 day cover abroad on each holiday. £62 annual payment for the both of us. Cheap as chips.
Cheers.David

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back