Travel Insurance

marrwyck

Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell us a good deal on a yearly personal travel insurance policy.

So far best we can find is £145 each without restrictions on days spent abroad.

Hello again:D.
For travel insurance we have an account with the Co-Op, For a nominal monthly fee we get free travel insurance and free car break down cover. We travel abroad a lot not just in our MH so it has saved us a fortune!:)

T&S, your a star :D

Looked on website, gave them a call their quote for the 2 of us for our now shorter trip to Europe, July08 to March 09 was under £200, saving us £70.

Thxs for the info :D

try the anual european insurance
a year generaly works out cheaper especialy if you might do day trips as well

T&S, thxs for the info.

I did speak to primary insurance yesterday & we have to take out our insurance for a couple doing a single trip as we are going in July 08 & not returning to the UK until March 09. The other policies have limit of days on them, either 45 or 60 days in any one trip.

If you feel they have advised me wrong then please let me know.

We already have our EHIC cards as last year I went to the USA for 3 months touring New York, Nashville, Texas, Washington etc.

Once again thxs for your advice & help :D

T&S, thxs for the info.

I did speak to primary insurance yesterday & we have to take out our insurance for a couple doing a single trip as we are going in July 08 & not returning to the UK until March 09. The other policies have limit of days on them, either 45 or 60 days in any one trip.

If you feel they have advised me wrong then please let me know.

We already have our EHIC cards as last year I went to the USA for 3 months touring New York, Nashville, Texas, Washington etc.

Once again thxs for your advice & help :D
glad you got a better deal with the price
sory i did not realise you were going to be away for a year still they dont know when you go or come back or when you leave
when i have made a claim the question when the holliday started or finished was not asked and proof was not asked for ,its not telling lies is it ,
as always only answer the questions asked and dont submit any info you are not asked to
still have the best of times whilst you are away
just one point i hope you did not rely on (EHIC) when in the states they are not valid in the states they are only for use in europe
cheers terry

glad you got a better deal with the price
sory i did not realise you were going to be away for a year still they dont know when you go or come back or when you leave
when i have made a claim the question when the holliday started or finished was not asked and proof was not asked for ,its not telling lies is it ,
as always only answer the questions asked and dont submit any info you are not asked to
still have the best of times whilst you are away
just one point i hope you did not rely on (EHIC) when in the states they are not valid in the states they are only for use in europe
cheers terry

Terry,
Thxs for your reply.
You're quite right, if they don't ask, then don't tell them.
However if we can sort our MOT & Tax out while were away then we won't come back in March, we'll just keep going.

I didn't rely on my EHIC card for the USA, had special medical & travel insurance for that trip. Meant to point out that we have the card as we've been to europe before :)

Try Insure and Go - I use them and find them very cheap and the policy is as good as others I have looked at.

i believe there is something about the mot and tax issue on one of the .gov web sites there might have been something on here use the search to find out or find out via the contact nos on this link page
http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/Ev....framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Contact+Us
cheers terry

There doesn't seem to be a problem with taxing the vehicle whilst we're away. However can't find much info on the MOT business.
I'm going to give VOSA a ring in the morning & ask them.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back