Travel abroad with pet

mfw

Ok biggest issue i have is taking dog abroad and she always goes so problems are finding vet open including the £$%^ happens scenario so vets shut due to covid 19 and everything else shuts as well - how do i get dog out ( she wont sit in inflatable ring to be towed behind ferry ) Brexit is also a problem - can certainly sort No 1 out and swmbo but what could happen to 1st mate ( The dog ) it's funny watching them get travelling positions (dog has had rabies blood test done not swmbo ) so now i dont have IDP covered and that is real bottom issue now

Ok biggest issue i have is taking dog abroad and she always goes so problems are finding vet open including the £$%^ happens scenario so vets shut due to covid 19 and everything else shuts as well - how do i get dog out ( she wont sit in inflatable ring to be towed behind ferry ) Brexit is also a problem - can certainly sort No 1 out and swmbo but what could happen to 1st mate ( The dog ) it's funny watching them get travelling positions (dog has had rabies blood test done not swmbo ) so now i dont have IDP covered and that is real bottom issue now
We acquired a dog at xmas.complete with pet passport showing rabies jab but no antibody test.got that done before covid told ok but not stamped in passport.dog has crossed Calais to Dover both ways no problem. Had worming tablet done in France prior to uk return.we were pretty nervous but no real problem

We acquired a dog at xmas.complete with pet passport showing rabies jab but no antibody test.got that done before covid told ok but not stamped in passport.dog has crossed Calais to Dover both ways no problem. Had worming tablet done in France prior to uk return.we were pretty nervous but no real problem
Currently we are still under the same terms as pre-Brexit in the transition period, so you wouldn't need the antibody test.
We won't know what is needed until they make/don't make a deal to agree what status we have.
Pet travel requirements will change depending on what category Great Britain becomes on 1 January 2021 - unlisted, Part 1 listed or Part 2 listed.

I got the blood test done at the same time the rabies booster was done just covering worse case scenario - but when covid hit spain apart from the problems changing the return ferry crossing i struggled finding a vet open for the worming tablet - so if covid does hit hard which is possible it could be a total nightmare trying to get back to uk with pet - also medical insurance is unlikely to cover covid problems if unlucky enough to catch it

I got the blood test done at the same time the rabies booster was done just covering worse case scenario - but when covid hit spain apart from the problems changing the return ferry crossing i struggled finding a vet open for the worming tablet - so if covid does hit hard which is possible it could be a total nightmare trying to get back to uk with pet - also medical insurance is unlikely to cover covid problems if unlucky enough to catch it

Actually it won’t cover anything if travelling against FCO advice unless you take out Extra Cover.

I believe that if you took out insurance pre-COVID insurance would cover it, apres COVID is a definite no.
But, as 2cv rightly says if you travel against FCO advice insurance is null & void.

We went to France last October & I took out a years insurance & got the dogs passports thinking we would at least get another tip to France before the end of the Brexit transition period. COVID bolloxed our plans & we are currently parked up inside a marina on the south coast eating crumpets instead of croissants.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back