Transit - leaking a clear fluid

Nice to see that after people try to help the op tells others its sorted and how it was done. I have seen a lot of posts lately that have not done this so everyone is left in the dark after trying to help. the solution may help others at some time.

I think though you may have another problem please see doc about nose if deisal has no obvious smell:giggle:

glad it is solved:dance:

I think my sense of smell has been seriously damaged by the smells produced by Diesel (my staffie dog) who despite being on exactly the same food as the other, produces the most vile farts imaginable every 15 - 20 minutes 24/7 - the other dog doesn't seem to produce any farts except very occasionally.

In my defence, today after groping around in amongst various cables and bits of engine, my hands were covered in the stuff and I could definitely smell it - yesterday I was sniffiing at a small damp spot on the ground underneath the van so all I could really smell was oil and diesel, I was expecting to smell something different and when I didn't, that threw me.

Under bonnet checks weekly and always before a big trip tyre checks daily:)

My dad had an acronym for regular vehicle maintenance checks which he got from my granddad (I think, though it may have come from his military training) - POWER

Petrol, Oil, Water, Electrics, Rubber.

It doesn't quite work for diesels and it didn't work for my air cooled 2Cvs either but still useful principle and I should do it weekly.

pump uppers

Under bonnet checks weekly and always before a big trip tyre checks daily:)

been to 20 garages in last 6 months none go higher than 60 psi so probably none are right will have to go on a motorway services.:yeahthat:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back