Transferring POIs on to Garmin satnav

Andy

Free Member
I have been trying unsuccessfully to transfer tbe above directly on to my Garmin. I must be doing something wrong. Help please.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to transfer tbe above directly on to my Garmin. I must be doing something wrong. Help please.
If you told us what you were doing and the model details, someone might be able to identify anything that you may have been doing wrongly and advise how to go about it. There are already numerous posts relating to specific models and how to upload.

Hi Andy,
Have you got the software installed and the sat nav connected and switched on?

Is the sat nav showing up in the POI downloaded software?

Hi All... Trying to update the POIs on my Garmin Drivesmart 61 LMT-S and the POI Loader on my Mac keeps crashing and does not load files? It can however remove them!!! I have done this OK in the past but somehow have lost the will to live on this one - any ideas?

Tried all that thanks - on latest system etc. It's beating me at the moment as I used to be able to do the updates no problem....
One thing I have just noticed - there are little white flags where POIs are?

In that case i would contact Garmin GB customer service, they are very very helpful, 0808 238 0000

Could not sort out problem so have sent in a full crash report and will see what happens - at least they answered quickly and a UK service centre!!

Can you please report back the outcome, a lot of members on here have Garmin devices.

They seem to think it's a problem with my Imac? They have looked at the crash report sent in and come up with "it must be your computer". I am going to reload everything using my laptop and see what happens....

Just tried my laptop (Macbook) and the WC POIs seem to load OK nothing else does? I am going to have to resurrect my old windows laptop and see what that does. I do suspect that it may be a 'Apple' problem with compatibility.
I have an issue at the moment with Pioneer as to their lack of compatibility with the built in satnav on my Burstner - crap as it may be I do like to keep it up to date. The Pioneer update tool only works with windows!!! You would think they would have got an Apple version by now, but no - "we suggest you borrow someones windows PCt to carry out the updates"!!!
I will see what I can do and post when I can.....

Final word from Garmin - 'It's not us it must be Apple' - so if anyone else out there has a similar problem feel free to join in!!!

I`ve PM`d another member who has a Garmin and loads the POI`s via a MAC to see if he can throw any light on this.

Having been alerted by Wooie‘s PM I’ve read through the thread and I’m afraid I don’t think I can be much help. I use an iMac and haven’t really had a problem. Once i have downloaded the POI’s from Wildcamping to the Mac (make sure you download the Garmin files). I then unzip the download simply by opening the files (iMac unzips automatically). I then transfer these files into a file on the iMac I have created (called unsurprisingly Tony POI!). It is then simply a matter of opening the Garmin POI loader application and transferring the data to the Garmin satnav, making sure the files are identified as being those in Tony POI or whatever you choose to call your POI data set. You’ll be asked if you want to overwrite the existing files so just agree to all.
I do recall a year or so back I had a problem opening POI loader so after a bit of a struggle I simply removed it completely then reloaded it.
Sorry I can’t help more but it seems to go ok for me (famous last words!?)
Tony

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back