Trainline.com

Steveboy

Free Member
They're at it now. Cheapest to Waterloo on a sat n back on a Sunday = 2xsingles @13quid each. Book n pay for one... no prob. Call up the other... now suddely is 28quid. Switch off wi fi router & then log back in (new isp address) & lo n behold there's my 13quid ticket back again.
I've just returned from 5months in Europe & it felt so good to be once again back in crooked rip off Britain.

We ALWAYS do similar for ferry, flights, holidays & on return to website ... hey presto lower price again after hike or seats become mysteriously available again. Never thought of switching router off. In old days it could throttle yur up speed depending upon provider. Guess in fibre land disnae matter anymore. Other ways use a VPN and tor or deep clean cookies is another to stop the robbing barstewards ( sorry stop them implementing their deliberate legit business model). By deep cleaning cookies I don't mean deleting via browser use summit like cc:cleaner. Travel folks, holidays, flights are the worst. Now I know to fool train companies too now ta. But oh the goddamn annoying if only trifling nuisance. Grrrrr.

We used the tickets splitting website" Raileasy".
Saved about 20%, booking 3 days ahead.
We didn't use the return tickets, having got a lift back.
Read the,(very ), small print, and found that you can return the unused ones for a refund.
Received a text, the following day, saying they'd. Processed the claim and would refund to my credit card.
Pleasant surprise!
Will use them again, if necessary.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back