touring the spanish med

t&s

hi guys
i thought i should tell you that halfway through our anual tour of the costas the parking bans for motorhomes are becoming more frequent most of our usual one night stopovers now ban overnight parking.
talking to locals and tourist offices it seems that our one or two night wild camping which was once acceptable,
had turned into semi perminant wildcamps spoiling and abusing the places we used to use with vans staying for 3 months in the same spot
vans from all over europe have abused the curtesy of the local towns.

so no wonder why we aint wanted
for example at estartitt we used to stay on the beach for an ocasional overnight stop
this visit we had to park on the outskirts of town in a a area that did not look to safe and walk a mile to the beach
we shut the curtains put the sat dish up and put the tv on full volume and left it all on till we returned ,,,,,,not ideal

my first time wi fi so i hope it works

'zwerfauto' ?

hi guys
i thought i should tell you that halfway through our anual tour of the costas the parking bans for motorhomes are becoming more frequent most of our usual one night stopovers now ban overnight parking.
talking to locals and tourist offices it seems that our one or two night wild camping which was once acceptable,
had turned into semi perminant wildcamps spoiling and abusing the places we used to use with vans staying for 3 months in the same spot
vans from all over europe have abused the curtesy of the local towns.

so no wonder why we aint wanted
for example at estartitt we used to stay on the beach for an ocasional overnight stop
this visit we had to park on the outskirts of town in a a area that did not look to safe and walk a mile to the beach
we shut the curtains put the sat dish up and put the tv on full volume and left it all on till we returned ,,,,,,not ideal

my first time wi fi so i hope it works

And that's really the problem Terry,
'Oldies' like you and me stay on a spot for 2,3 days and then move on to another spot. I like the Flemish word 'zwerfauto' (roaming-, wandering car ?) Want to stay longer: go to a camping.
But nowadays they sell MH's together with a nice landscape (another Flemish word !) and the buyer thinks he not only bought the vehicle but the landscape in the background too and stays there for weeks...
I could only propose the municipalities: put a ban for 48 or 72 hrs. So we could all enjoy it :rolleyes: But I'm walking on clouds I suppose ? :rolleyes:

I would tell you to come to The Valencian Region (real Spain),But i would not want you to spoil it for me :)
As soon as I sell my villa I will be looking for a house in France or a canal boat in England.watch :eek:this space

Not thought of France,I will look into it as that would be ideal,cheaper than UK and motorhome friendly.

We met a couple of people doing it at Braire on the Braire Canal, just south east of Orleans.
They were telling us how cheap it was.
BY the way, when I was in the Valencia area, i likes seeing the Oranges on the tree lined roads:cool:

Oranges !!!!!! i have millions come here in nov dec and you can have tons of them free.
The oranges you see along the road are seville oranges very bitter.The ones you see in the groves are Valencian 60 cents a 44 kg box,but sold in the UK at nearly 70 p. each :eek:

hi friends
it appears the wifi worked
it is nice to be home but 1st day here and i am already missing the mid 30 s temp of the costas
the weather was glorious 2250 miles traveled using the scenic routes miles of empty roads what pleasure it was compaired with the m 25
we averaged 29.8 mpg
on the old N and B roads it took 1/2 a day longer each way but we saw the real france and the real spain the price of derv varied fron €1.20 to €1.47 when there was not a supremarket on route but still cheaper than here.wild parking everywhere too many spots to mention
supermarket car parks in villages are ok and most allow overnight parking free of corse and nice fresh bread in the morning but you have to pay for that.

seeing the weather is crap here i am off again at the end of the month for a week or two dont know where but it will certainly be somewhere in southern europe .
its also nice also to be reminded of the days i hauled the oranges 40 ton up from punta umbria in the south of spain and having to wait 3 days in sagunto customs post nr valencia for them to be ripe enough to be released by the ministry of spanish grub or what ever they are called

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back