tomtom one xl europe help

t&s

hi all
i have just purchaced a tomtom one xl europe is there any one out there that knows how to enter the lat/long in to this thing it rejects any thing i enter i am using the cordinates as printed in camperstop ie ( 44 deg 23'43"N 0 deg 48'23"E ) but it either puts a N or S in front and reverts to something else i have contacted tomtom over ten days but as expected still no answer
terry

Hi
My son has borrowed our camperand when he first got to Calais I had a phone call saying the tom tom would not accpet campsite coordinates (so it's not just your sat nav). I haven't had any complaints from him now he is in Germany, so it could be just France, I know our old Sat nav was useless in France 2 years ago (so much so we sold it on e bay) but wwhn we got into Switzerland it was fine.
Perhaps France has bad coverage? Just a thought.
He's back next Friday, I'll post again if there is more useful news.

TomTom

Hi Terry & Sue
I normally simply type in 44deg23'43 then 0deg48'23 (using the small o for deg) the letters for N and E automatically appear. I just entered the co-ordinates and it took me to an unamed quayside in southern France East of Bordeaux but i couldnt tell which town it was from my screen.

I do think however that many of the co-ordinates given in the camperstop book may not be correct as I had the sat nav trying to send me all over the place on my last French trip.

terry&sue said:
hi all
i have just purchaced a tomtom one xl europe is there any one out there that knows how to enter the lat/long in to this thing it rejects any thing i enter i am using the cordinates as printed in camperstop ie ( 44 deg 23'43"N 0 deg 48'23"E ) but it either puts a N or S in front and reverts to something else i have contacted tomtom over ten days but as expected still no answer
terry

hi,
there are three types of input method on my tomtom910 and i think yours will be the same.
tap CHANGE PREFERENCES.
scroll to SET UNITS.
tap DONE twice til you get to COORDINATE DISPLAY (top of screen)
you should now have... Degrees(d.d*) Minutes(d*m.m') Seconds(d*m's")
d.d*(degrees) are shown as N 00.0000* W 0.0000*
d*m.m'(minutes) are shown as N 00*00.000' W 0.*00.000'
d*m.s"(seconds) are shown as N 00*00'00 W 0*00'00

just select which one you need going by the position of the * ' . symbols and you will get it right.
if your coordinates are marked as EAST then just tap E on the input screen to change from west before you enter the numbers BUT put the letter before the numbers.
GPS will work anywhere in the world if it can "see" the satallites.
coverage doesn't come into it like mobile phones ect.

hope this is of some use to you.

john.

thanks for your help re sat nav

thanks to papa johns answer i have managed to understand how to work the tomtom it puts the n or s in front of the cordinates and not after as it is displayed in camperstops dialog
again thanks
terry

terry&sue said:
thanks to papa johns answer i have managed to understand how to work the tomtom it puts the n or s in front of the cordinates and not after as it is displayed in camperstops dialog
again thanks
terry

it's a pleasure terry.
thats what this forum is all about. :D :D :D

john.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back