tomtom info

t&s

speed cameras/updates now at a discount price for a few weeks
a 1 years subscription £16.60

Last edited:
speed cameras/updates now at a discount price for a few weeks
a 1 years subscription £16.60
Hi T&S,
Sounds like a good deal, but i don't think so.
As far as i am aware tomtom only update the safety cams once or twice a year thats why i subscribe to Pocket GPS for £19 a year they update their database at least once a month, so that works out at least 12 safety cam downloads a year and there are plenty of other downloads for free ;)
Take a look here :) http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

I use http://www.scdb.info/my/index.php
If you put a link on your web site it is free , updated daily,you can add new cams whenever you want.
Sounds good Hogan and it's cheap if you don't have a website.
For only EURO 9.95 (roughly £7), you have access to all our plug-ins for one year.
I may think about joining when my suscription on the other site runs out.
Cheers.:)
I have just noticed this on that site, Attention: we don't include mobile safety cameras

Last edited:
Sounds good Hogan and it's cheap if you don't have a website.
For only EURO 9.95 (roughly £7), you have access to all our plug-ins for one year.
I may think about joining when my suscription on the other site runs out.
Cheers.:)
I have just noticed this on that site, Attention: we don't include mobile safety cameras

point taken but how reliable are these third party add ons i suspect they have some hidden agenda and you might need to be concerned about viruses
i am still a bit wary about downloads
i lost everything once due to a download it wiped my computer clean and backup not would not work to reenstate it
have you any sure fire garantees its ok ?

point taken but how reliable are these third party add ons i suspect they have some hidden agenda and you might need to be concerned about viruses
i am still a bit wary about downloads
i lost everything once due to a download it wiped my computer clean and backup not would not work to reenstate it
have you any sure fire garantees its ok ?
I never have a problem with my backup's as i do my own not with tomtom home, but you must have your settings on your computer to show hidden files and folders for a good backup and i suppose you could do a backup with tomtom home also so you have two one should work:)

Last edited:
I never have a problem with my backup's as i do my own not with tomtom home, but you must have your settings on your computer to show hidden files and folders for a good backup and i suppose you could do a backup with tomtom home also so you have two one should work:)
hi trevor
ive tried to copy tomtom as you advised to a cd but it says cd kb is not large enough and if i use windows back up just for tomtom file i have to start a complete backup of all my system all over again when it is time to back up i do it once a week and use windows onecare as i have had so many problems with avg slowing down the computer
may be i neded to invest in a thing you plug in the usb it looks like a cigarett lighter with a memory
ime still learning 10 years with a computer and i still strugle sometimes but it is still fun learning
any sujestions would be helpfull
cheers terry

hi trevor
ive tried to copy tomtom as you advised to a cd but it says cd kb is not large enough and if i use windows back up just for tomtom file i have to start a complete backup of all my system all over again when it is time to back up i do it once a week and use windows onecare as i have had so many problems with avg slowing down the computer
may be i neded to invest in a thing you plug in the usb it looks like a cigarett lighter with a memory
ime still learning 10 years with a computer and i still strugle sometimes but it is still fun learning
any sujestions would be helpfull
cheers terry
T&S when i say backup i mean you backup all your tomtom contents to your computer in a folder then if any thing go's wrong with your tomtom you can restore the contents from the folder back to your tomtom.

T&S when i say backup i mean you backup all your tomtom contents to your computer in a folder then if any thing go's wrong with your tomtom you can restore the contents from the folder back to your tomtom.
cheers i do that but i thought you said in another post you also make a seperate backup ?:see below this is what i have a problem doing

What ever you do with your tomtom and i cant stress this enough always make a full backup and make sure that you select show hidden files in your folder options before you back up.
I for one do not trust tomtom home so when i backup with tomtom home i then make my own backup aswell.

cheers i do that but i thought you said in another post you also make a seperate backup ?:see below this is what i have a problem doing

What ever you do with your tomtom and i cant stress this enough always make a full backup and make sure that you select show hidden files in your folder options before you back up.
I for one do not trust tomtom home so when i backup with tomtom home i then make my own backup aswell.
I will try to explain what i mean one step at a time.
First of all click on the start bottom left on your computer.
Then look for Control Panel click on it.
Then the Control Panel opens.
Then at the top left hand side you will see, File Edit Favorites Tools Help.
Then click on tools and you will see a drop down menu at the bottom of that click on folder options.
Then a box should open with tabs at the top of it saying, General. View.
File types. Offline files.
Then click on View and look for hidden files and folders click in the little circle beside show hidden files and folders.
Then at the bottom of the box Click on Apply and OK.
When you do this and make a back up of your tomtom to your computer it will copy all files and folders from your tomtom including the hidden ones.
And you should have no problems should the need arise to restore the contents back to the tomtom.

I will try to explain what i mean one step at a time.
First of all click on the start bottom left on your computer.
Then look for Control Panel click on it.
Then the Control Panel opens.
Then at the top left hand side you will see, File Edit Favorites Tools Help.
Then click on tools and you will see a drop down menu at the bottom of that click on folder options.
Then a box should open with tabs at the top of it saying, General. View.
File types. Offline files.
Then click on View and look for hidden files and folders click in the little circle beside show hidden files and folders.
Then at the bottom of the box Click on Apply and OK.
When you do this and make a back up of your tomtom to your computer it will copy all files and folders from your tomtom including the hidden ones.
And you should have no problems should the need arise to restore the contents back to the tomtom.

thank you for your paitents in explaning this it has helped me a lot
cheers terry

thank you for your paitents in explaning this it has helped me a lot
cheers terry
No problems Terry.
If you followed the instructions you only have to do it once, not every time you want to make your own backup.
If you need any more help just ask.;)

Hogan

I have been using them for 2 years with no problems.
Trevor
If you visit www.freewebs.com follow the simple instructions you can build your own web site its dead easy even i did it see www.freewebs.com/spanishfly.Then just add the link, and free speed cams are yours.
Many thank's Hogan I started my own website and did what you said and i was accepted for free speed cams :cool: for as long as the link stays on my web page.
Nice one Mate Cheer's.:D

trevor(tomtom)

just one more question would you advise returning the option to hide hidden folders or is it not important?
cheers terry

just one more question would you advise returning the option to hide hidden folders or is it not important?
cheers terry
Terry i dont bother i leave it as show hidden, now that you have done it you can make a manual back up to your PC and then copy it onto a cd if you want :) if you need help ask.

Terry i dont bother i leave it as show hidden, now that you have done it you can make a manual back up to your PC and then copy it onto a cd if you want :) if you need help ask.

thanks i have done all that without any problems but the cds i have dose not have a large enough mb i need nearly 960 and mine are 700 memory so ile have to go shopping
thanks again
terry

Last edited:
thanks i have done all that without any problems but the cds i have dose not have a large enough mb i need nearly 960 and mine are 700 memory so ile have to go shopping
thanks again
terry
Ok Terry no probs matey:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back