Toll tag

REC

Currently have a via Verde tag for Portugal but we need to have a Portuguese bank card to pay for it and trying to lose that as the charges are more than the one direct debit it pays! Can use our Starling Euro account for direct debit. If we change to the "visitors" via Verde tag we have to get a new one and start again anyway . Using the opportunity to maybe get a different tag...remember someone offered a discount or gets a payback if we order through their link ...but can I find it?? Of course not! Think it was BIP & Go ...
TIA

I think that was @GMJ

On NPR toll rds we pick up a card at a service station €10 ? registered a account and topped up on line with UK credit card when required no charges

Last edited:
We done it on line and linked a card to it and just sailed through the tolls,not that there was a lot of them,cheap as chips also.
Is this the best option? Two vehicles visiting Portugal March/April.

I think that was @GMJ

On NPR toll rds we pick up a card at a service station €10 ? registered a account and topped up on line with UK credit card when required no charges
NPR ?

Reactions: REC
It also saved me from getting close to the pay station with the van so the wife could pay with a card as the card reader for cars is too low and the ones for lorries are two high.As we found out last time.

It also saved me from getting close to the pay station with the van so the wife could pay with a card as the card reader for cars is too low and the ones for lorries are two high.As we found out last time.
Yes, we currently have the Via Verde "residents" tag which requires a bank in Portugal.So I know the benefits. If I change to visitors one which links to UK card, have to get a new one anyway. Seems good time to suss out ones which cover France as well.

Having looked at cost of the Bip and go, I have decided to just get the Via Verde visitor tag as only €1.43 month in Portugal and Spain when used. My main need. The bip and go starts at £2.50 Portugal/Spain £1.70 France per month and has some " extra" costs... activation £10 shipping £10 . Postage of Via Verde is free to Portuguese address so just suits me better. Have to return the other tag but that is free. @GMJ can get a discount if Bip&Go suits better... particularly if main use is France.

If you only use A28 and A22 in Portugal, you can pay by the Satelise app on your smartphone. Available for Apple and Android.

If you only use A28 and A22 in Portugal, you can pay by the Satelise app on your smartphone. Available for Apple and Android.
Use several toll roads. So thanks but not enough. Good to know for others.
Have you checked out Fulli.
Our tag covers France, Spain, Portugal and Italy.
It was quite dear compared with Via Verde which covers what we need. Thanks

Considering a switch from the Via Verde 'residents' tag to a visitor's one linked to a UK card, exploring options that cover both Portugal and France. A practical move, and a good time to streamline for added convenience.

Isn't technology fascinating? Sometimes it behaves in mysterious ways. Glad it worked here, though the digital world can be full of surprises!

..remember someone offered a discount or gets a payback if we order through their link ...but can I find it?? Of course not! Think it was BIP & Go ...
TIA
Copied from his post today ( If you want to get a tag to fly through the tolls drop me a line and I can get us both €4 off a Bip&Go one) @GMJ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back