Toilet Tank

Sharon the Cat

Does anyone put anything in the toilet flush tank to prevent it freezing. Is this a daft question?

Does anyone put anything in the toilet flush tank to prevent it freezing. Is this a daft question?
Small heater in the van and loo door left open, my heater is 500w and on a timer, half hr on every 2 hrs idle.
You could put antifreeze in it but then it would not dissolve the contents once flushed, is that info good enuff for you to GO on. 😂

As we don't use our van over winter, we drain the flush tank as well as everything else in her.

If we were using her, then the heat inside the van should result in the flush tank not freezing, so you should be safe just as long as you aren't heading up to the North Pole!!

My toilet water comes from the main tank cannot put any thing in it might leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Don't ask me how it just does.

Mine comes from the main tank so there isn't any in winter 'cos I empty it all out between Halloween and Easter. Have had problems with water tanks and pumps freezing in the past so I don't risk it.

Thanks
1. Separate toilet tank - not flushed from main tank.
2. We're not generally daft enough to leave water in an unused van over winter. Make plenty of other mistakes, but not that one.

My heater has kicked in and the van is at 2.1c, I have it timed every other hr now to 9 in the morning, should be safe.

Don`t forget the little rubber plug that you access from outside in the cassette locker, that gets all the water out of the holding tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back