Today's the day, finally!

alwaysared

Well we set off for the Moffat meet just after lunch and after lots of hospital appointments for us both we are finally on the road full time! We have been planning the fulltime vanlife since we got our new old van but various unexpected events have prevented us from starting off but finally we are on the road to nowhere and we are both excited and scared at the same time. We have done many crazy things in our time together but have always believed that it's better to fail at something than regret not doing it. The advice and wealth of information on this site will be even more welcome now. Hope to see some of you on our travels.

Regards,
Del and Di

Well we set off for the Moffat meet just after lunch and after lots of hospital appointments for us both we are finally on the road full time! We have been planning the fulltime vanlife since we got our new old van but various unexpected events have prevented us from starting off but finally we are on the road to nowhere and we are both excited and scared at the same time. We have done many crazy things in our time together but have always believed that it's better to fail at something than regret not doing it. The advice and wealth of information on this site will be even more welcome now. Hope to see some of you on our travels.

Regards,
Del and Di
Wish you good luck and all the best out there. You are doing the right thing.

Brilliant, start of a great adventure together. Hope that it works out really well for you. 👍

Ten years in so far and l am working, if you're retired your laughing.
Welcome to the full time club. We’re 4.5 years in. Best decision ever.
I hope we can emulate youi both, we realise that it's not always going to be easy and some people think we shouldn't start off in the winter and originally we were due to go after the August Hereford meet but we're glad that it's coming up to winter, after all it can only get better :)

Regards,
Del

20 years ago we sold up and took.off in our first van.

Wow, did we have some adventures..!
Gradually, the adventures became more pleasant, as we learnt what to do and what not to do.
We finally ground to a halt, 3 months ago...Half Way up a beautiful Algarve Hillside.
We had to sell our third,( and final Van ).
We wonder where and when, will you end up.
Keep us posted.

Have a great time and I hope you both continue to enjoy it. large autumn, winter and early spring are great as you have places more to yourselves and the colours are wonderful. I have been living in the van since April but Caz still spends a lot of time at the house. It works for us though :)

if you are staying up in Scotland we may see you somewhere although I am going down to Cornwall next week.

good luck and safe journeys

The polar steps app isn’t bad for tracking where you go if you have data. I use it on iOS but not sure if it available on Android or not but will be something similar

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back