Today was not a good day

avandriver

I have had a load of water trouble today

I am not even going to look at the Merlin tomorrow I will be getting over my hang over

Steve

can you not cut out the rotten pice of tube and get some plastic tube, and then replace the missing bit and a couple of jubilee clips will clamp on each end. i did this with my water heater delivery pipes inside the hot tank and it works perfik.

can you not cut out the rotten pice of tube and get some plastic tube, and then replace the missing bit and a couple of jubilee clips will clamp on each end. i did this with my water heater delivery pipes inside the hot tank and it works perfik.

The problem with using rubber pipe is the burner is right next to where the rubber would be and and risking a burnt van is something I dont want to do .

Steve

ah yes that will be a prob ,the repair i did was in the hot water tank itself . unless you can get hold of a bit of copper pipe the same bore and then use the self soldered joints as used on c/heating pipes, or you can put some heat resistent lagging round the plastic pipe and fit a heat sheald .

hi steve looked at your leaky roof the problem you have is the roof should be made from one sheet of ali ect. you will never seal the joints with any sealants or silicons because of expansion and contraction of the ali will always break the seal.you could cover the whole roof with a rubber membrane. its called trocal or sarna. good luck.
gordon

Cheers Gordon .
Hopefully the roof is sealed for good with the gaffer tape .
If I do get a leak in the future I will look in to making a single skin from one sheet of alluminium and replacing the three sections .

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back