To tow or not to tow when wild camping?

have ambitions of towing a box van (bike garage) via Spain, Portugal, France and Germany in the near future .:cool:
... i notices someone earlier in the thread saying that Aires would be a problem if car being towed...
would i have this same problem :confused::confused:

regards:eek:
ajs

Hi Mary, we have Just been to France, and while we were there we met a Frenchman on an Aire who came to the UK and had his Caratow A Frame fitted, and I asked him if he has any problems, he said no problem.

They have a Company in France now that fits A Frames:

See this: http://www.jattel.com/galerie_076.htm

The time before last we stayed on Aires for 6 weeks, and only once in 6 weeks we were told we could not have our car on the aire. ( and that was by an ENGLISHMAN) We did try to get it on our parking place, if not we just parked it near as possible. You will find it very handy if you take it, and kick yourself if you don't.

We have not taken our car to Spain, we only go there to visit friends, and will go by air next time. We thought about buying there 15 years ago and glad we never. :D some people have had trouble with the police and towing, not only with an A Frame but also trailers,if you are over 12m and don't have a long vehicle sign, they fine you. I think the Spanish are fed up with Brits ( a case of, we have had your money now we don't want you, ) they dont want you wild camping and charge the earth for campsites, so we wont go.:rolleyes: Enjoy your trip. Bob.;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back