To carry a scooter or pushbikes?

How do you account for others that have failed carrying motorcycles. To say they should never be towed empty is ridiculous. What would you expect to do if you were to sell yours. Would you expect a buyer to bring a motorcycle with them when they collect. Welds should not fail.
As I did take it to bits .simples realy. Put in van ,,car ,,motorhome

As I did take it to bits .simples realy. Put in van ,,car ,,motorhome
Your

That's right, the hydra-trail should never be used without a motorbike or scooter on it and it doesn't claim to be a push bike or e bike carrier. It should also be greased regulary at the various grease nipple points. I've seen reports of the bearings failing and I would guess they haven't been greased properly.

Regards,
Del

Weight is weight. 2 Ebikes could easily be 50KG the same weight as a moped.which it should be able to carry safely. My honda PC50 weighs 50KG. Nowhere on the website does it say NOT to use empty.

Met a guy in Spain the other year with one. He needed new wheel bearings in his. He was waiting for parts to arrive. Small wheels travelling at 50+ mph could have been the problem. He did say they were getting warm.

I have a spare wheel and axle with wheel and tyre complete.
And another spare wheel and tyre.
So if it fails jack up.and change .
Leave £1200'.on the side road .don't think so.

For us when we return to base will swap the scooter for our pushbikes. Have toyed with the idea of electric bikes but like the excercise of normal on flattish ground. It will be interesting to see if moho feels any different with much less weight at the back end.

When you're wildcamping it is maybe better if all is inside? More discrete and less temptation for others - Out of sight, out of mind?

I can't disagree with that, bikes do get stolen from campers.

The hydratrail seems a great conception, but those tiny wheels would take a right hammering on our potholed UK roads. They seem kind of like oversize shopping trolly casters? Would they back up a kerb? Would you even know if one had gone flat? They surely must get a hell of a lot of stress?

The hydratrail seems a great conception, but those tiny wheels would take a right hammering on our potholed UK roads. They seem kind of like oversize shopping trolly casters? Would they back up a kerb? Would you even know if one had gone flat? They surely must get a hell of a lot of stress?

I have seen similar in Europe which are a far superior design with suspension and shocks on each wheel but much more costly.

🤣 🤣 I am sure Bruce H was over thinking it when it was spread all over the road. But if your happy with it.
I was (thinking ) more about peoples comments on this post who haven't used a hydra tail and no first hand experience of then.
Not bruce h bad experience of then, worrying time for him.
And yes I am happy at the moment.

Best of both worlds?
B4DB7FCC-A54E-4195-A1EB-EF4102930DE1.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back