Time to change

Steveboy

Free Member
been fulltime and mainly wildcamping in Europe and UK for last 5years. I love the life but the time has now come to change my beloved Rapido 972M A series motorhome. She is up to 78000miles now and in need of an easier life. she is for sale if anyone is interested but my question here is this. I can probably go to about £40k what would you recommend I should be looking at. It has to be something off the shelf as I need to be on the move again relatively quickly. My Brother in Salisbury will only tolerate me for so long (lol here).

Hi Steveboy
I got Rapido 986F with 69K on the clock but love it so much wouldn't get rid, Iv'e had her a year an a half now, got a fabulous history even down to when all the lights were changed to led, been really well looked after by previous owner.Rather the devil you know lol.

been fulltime and mainly wildcamping in Europe and UK for last 5years. I love the life but the time has now come to change my beloved Rapido 972M A series motorhome. She is up to 78000miles now and in need of an easier life. she is for sale if anyone is interested but my question here is this. I can probably go to about £40k what would you recommend I should be looking at. It has to be something off the shelf as I need to be on the move again relatively quickly. My Brother in Salisbury will only tolerate me for so long (lol here).

Me to !
Either to an A class which will give me the same problems I have with my C class namely access and parking in villages and towns as per the lakes or downsize to a panel van conversion and have less space.
Decisions, decisions.

yes I have also thought of downsizing but I still want to stick to my original criteria of .... I am too old for camping I want a home on wheels. The Rapido has been all of that and more. I will miss her there is no two ways about that.

As an aside....If I take the worst valuation scenario for my van (got a structural prob which is fixable but is also message to me saying .... time to change.) I worked out my monthly depreciation at around the £450 a month. Now, tell me, where can a I get a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment in prime beachside/countryside/foreign side location for that figure.

Hmmmm! ..... perhaps I'll just look at that Hymer on the web again. Bit long but she does look nice .... oh ho ... hadn't seen that the first time ... a small fridge....do I compromise ...... ARRRRRRGH... decisions...decisions.

a home

Look for a ?. But keep what you have. Why gamble with your home.

I love mine.

I am going to look at a 2008 Dethleff Advantage. Anyone out there got one and if so have you any tips/advice about what I should be looking out for?

I am going to look at a 2008 Dethleff Advantage. Anyone out there got one and if so have you any tips/advice about what I should be looking out for?

I have a 2009 Dethleffs, had it from new. It's been excellent, no leaks, no problems inside or out.

The Ford part has been trouble free and 30 mpg.

I considered Dethleffs, Hymer and Hobby vans.

Can you see a pattern? 😃👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back