This is why we take the tunnel on our way down to Spain...

I'd have expected some of the worst conditions to be in the vicinity of the Alderney Race, or do they route to avoid that?
Nope - through the Alderney Race as well but not where we have had the worst conditions (yet!)

Liz likes cruises and they all seem to go through the Bay of Biscay, I'm not happy until she's safely through even in summer, she's off on one in March next year, I can't imagine anything more boring than a cruise.
I’m with you on this one! Add in the thousands of other people on it, that you can’t drive away from, or throw overboard, and it’s a hell on water! 🫣

This is why we take the tunnel Ferry on our way down to Spain...​

View attachment 124666

The aftermath of the Channel Tunnel fire

This was the train for commercial vehicles not the car/motorhome one. But it certainly hasn’t put me off the train for the following reasons.
Shower in the waiting area car park.
Breakfast in the van on the 45 minute journey.
Straight onto the motorway and a gentle 5-7 day drive through France with as many baguettes and Pain aux Chocolat as it’s humanly possible to eat on the way!
Whichever way you chose Bon route! 😉😄👍

This was the train for commercial vehicles not the car/motorhome one. But it certainly hasn’t put me off the train for the following reasons.
Shower in the waiting area car park.
Breakfast in the van on the 45 minute journey.
Straight onto the motorway and a gentle 5-7 day drive through France with as many baguettes and Pain aux Chocolat as it’s humanly possible to eat on the way!
Whichever way you chose Bon route! 😉😄👍

Yes each to his/her own.

I prefer the long haul ferry to Santander / Bibao because the 5-7 day drive just doesn't appeal.

We have a private shower in the cabin and love the superb evening meal and breakfasts on board.

We cross France in 4 nights: Rouen - Poitiers - Bordeaux - Urrugne. Then towards Zaragoza if heading east or towards Madrid if heading south.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back