Thetford Toilet Problem

Great news! The bidet has arrived from Italy, but its probably going to take me a fortnight to type all the fitting instructions into Google Translate.
Its made especially to fit the Thetford C200, but other versions are available.
When its finished, I will review it, but it should considerably reduce the use of, and the amount of paper going into the cassette.

A cold water bidet ?
You can stick that up your a**e (Ooops that what you are planning) :scared::scared:

It is fully equipped to plumb both hot and cold water, and that is what I will do but, it is not a good idea to put steaming water into a sealed cassette, as anyone who has rinsed their cassette with hot water will tell you. The first thing to blow is the rubber seals.
The plan is to be able to just take the chill out of the spray, I wouldnt want Chris banging her head on the ceiling every time she went to the loo!

Roger you are letting the side down big time :help:
Real blokes don't read instructions we know how to do it already :scared::scared:
We still don't read read the instructions when it all goes horribly wrong we ring technical :help:

Sorry Charlie, OF COURSE I know how to do it ish, but If I do have to ring technical how on earth would I understand what they were on about? I might be able to say 'Hello' but if I accidently say the wrong thing they MAY send the 'boys' round! Then I would definitely need the bidet working :scared:

Google Translate allows you to use the camera on a phone or tablet to scan and translate text.

You should be able to use that technique to translate the instructions.

Google Translate allows you to use the camera on a phone or tablet to scan and translate text.

Thanks Chris, I will look into that this evening. R

not sure if you have submersible pump but check to see if it is not seized i had a problem with mine and it was the pump not rotating/turning, freed it off by using a pair of snipped nose pliers poked through the end an moved it back and forth.

tranivanman

not sure if you have submersible pump but check to see if it is not seized i had a problem with mine and it was the pump not rotating/turning, freed it off by using a pair of snipped nose pliers poked through the end an moved it back and forth.

tranivanman

Thanks tranivanman,
No I dont have a submersible pump, I have a Shurflo Pump operated by a pressure switch. The problem was simply a bad connection on the positive side and everything is fine since running a new wire. Thanks for asking. Rog.

Do you put your phone in the bidet and it gives you instructions while you are using it?:danger:

Do you put your phone in the bidet and it gives you instructions while you are using it?:danger:

An interesting thought Terry, but after spending all weekend typing the Italian instructions into Google Translate, somebody showed me that all I had to do was select Google Translate on an iphone or ipad and press the camera icon and view the instructions through the camera. It automatically translated the text to English. Actually Chris POI Admin wrote and told me but I didnt fully understand until I was SHOWN how to do it.
The bidet is now in and working and today I plan to put the toilet bowl back together and then go and buy a crash helmet for Chris, before she uses it, OR I could show her that it has hot water as well as cold!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back