Thetford toilet cassette

pamjon

Hi, I am trying to source a new Thetford toilet cassette for my Burstner 2004. The model number is C200S VE.
I can buy one that nearly fits but the wheels on it stop it going all the way in by a fraction.
I thought about buying one and taking the wheels off but that is silly to vandalise a £150 cassette that the warranty will be void.
Anyone have any ideas. Thanks PJ

I have a cassette got a CTW4110 sat in the workshop, if it helps you then it’s yours

I think your only chance is from Fleabay, if you're not fussy about a secondhand one. Thetford have discontinued the old non-wheeled one and say that the replacement wheeled version fits all 200 series toilets. Obviously you have discovered that isn't true!

Hi, I am trying to source a new Thetford toilet cassette for my Burstner 2004. The model number is C200S VE.
I can buy one that nearly fits but the wheels on it stop it going all the way in by a fraction.
I thought about buying one and taking the wheels off but that is silly to vandalise a £150 cassette that the warranty will be void.
Anyone have any ideas. Thanks PJ
Are you sure it's the wheels preventing it from going in? I replaced mine on my Hymer and thought the same but it ended up being the vent, the new cassette comes with the vent on the left in the picture below and my old one had the automatic vent, the one on the right, I swopped them over and it went in as expected (y)
I then purchased a new automatic vent because I wanted to use my old casstte as a spare 🤔 I hope this helps 🤞

Thetford Vent.png

Kind regards,
Del

I have a cassette got a CTW4110 sat in the workshop, if it helps you then it’s yours
Thankyou, that might get me out of the £$%^ !!! Firstly, where are you? Secondly what do you want for it?
PJ

It appears that it is the wheels as they are stopping it going far enough back.
PJ

It appears that it is the wheels as they are stopping it going far enough back.
PJ
Have you checked that valve? Because the dimensions of the casstte are the same regardless of whether or not it has wheels. I measured mine when I had the problem, it wasn't until I happened to notice the difference in those valves that it dawned on me and it worked once I put my old valve in the new cassette and then my original cassette wouldn't fit with the new valve in :unsure:

Regards,
Del

I bought one with wheels on and it fitted no problem in mine?
Hymer fit the automatic vent valve so your old cassette my well have had the same valve that the new one comes with 🤔 and I thought that with Burstner being part of the same group as Hymer they could well do the same :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Hymer fit the automatic vent valve so your old cassette my well have had the same valve that the new one comes with 🤔 and I thought that with Burstner being part of the same group as Hymer they could well do the same :unsure:

Regards,
Del
Not sure which valve mine has without having a look. If I remember I will take not when I next empty it :)

I bought one with wheels on and it fitted no problem in mine?
Aren't the wheels on the outside when cassette is fitted? on the bottom of cassette when pulled along the road. I spec I'm wrong but is the op trying to put it in wrong way round wheels first?

Aren't the wheels on the outside when cassette is fitted? on the bottom of cassette when pulled along the road. I spec I'm wrong but is the op trying to put it in wrong way round wheels first?
Wheels first looks the right way round to me as the wheels are at the opposite end to the handle for pulling it out of its location: handle outside = wheels inside.

Are there any pipes or cables hanging down an snagging cassette, it's a problem with our mohawk

To Boris, thank you for your kind offer yes we would love to have it, I will try and sort out a way of collecting it as we are in Burton on Trent..
Thankyou again. PJ

Back