Thetford c200 toilet problem ??

Hazy-thoughts

I have a thetford c200 toilet fitted and when we purchased the van operating the blade lever caused a noise which I assumedf to be a motor whirring. Of late this noise has stopped and we get a silent operation. There has been no problems with operation, everything seems to be working fine. I think :confused:
I have checked The manual and exploded diagram and cannot see what would have caused this noise in the first place and whather there is any need to worry

Thanks in advance

Doesn't have a SOG system fitted by any chance?, if so it could have been the fan - if not ??????????

Thanks Boxerman, it does indeed have a sog system fitted, I hadnt even thought of that, I think I need a new fan for the system and then will have to try to have a go at fitting it :eek::eek:

Thanks Boxerman, it does indeed have a sog system fitted, I hadnt even thought of that, I think I need a new fan for the system and then will have to try to have a go at fitting it :eek::eek:
It might just be a wire off, or the microswitch failed. I would have a good check round with a meter before paying out for a new fan.

AndyC

It might just be a wire off, or the microswitch failed. I would have a good check round with a meter before paying out for a new fan.

AndyC

My SOG fan was very noisy and eventualy stopped. A squirt of WD40 in it got it back in super silent order.

Now all I hear as a rush of air when I use it no hum.

Thanks John, so are you saying that wd40 after it stopped got it going again :confused:

Thanks John, so are you saying that wd40 after it stopped got it going again :confused:

A quick spray with WD40 onto the motor either side freed the bearings. Another made it run as silent as a whisper. It has continued to do so for months. I have to keep checking that it is still working it is so quiet.

It had a high-pitched whine from purchasing the Motorhome. This then started getting intermittent until it stopped working altogether.

Priced a new SOG motor and got a fright.

I can understand that they are certainly not cheap. I have isolated my problem to the fan / motor now without doubt. Looked at price of new unit and decided to spray with wd40 and pray, should know tomorrow if it is going to work or whether I will be spending out on a new one :eek:

Thanks for all help

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back